Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

perlite in my shake

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by demiurge714, Mar 5, 2008.

1. i picked up a grip of shake and it has little tiny bits of perlite in it...i try to pick them out but i doubt i get them all...should i be worried about this or not? i couldn't find any information on smoking perlite but from my experiments the perlite doesn't burn at all..so hopefully its not releasing any toxic stuff...anyone know?

2. recently that happened to me with some jucieyfruit but i was able to find it in the nugs to its was full of perlite but a piece here and there how is it geting in there in the first place

3. perlite is used to hold water while growing weed it really isn't anything im not saying its safe to smoke. just thats probably how it got in your nugs. unless some idiot grower thinks it adds weight for his sales

4. thats fuckin weak if ppl r adding that to add weight.

5. theres no way just to "add" it inside of a nug.. and doesnt that shit weigh like micrograms??

6. maybe since perlite holds water, they add it in at the end to kinda soak up the moisture from the nug to dry it faster?

7. i have seen pounds of beaster covered in baking soda

8. nah this perlite wasnt added for weight im pretty sure...i picked up a few oz's of shake so it makes sense why its there..im just wondering how dangerous it is?

9. see its actully in my nugs i will take a pic lil bit when i grab my camra but you guys will see what im talking about i dont think that they would try to do that for wieght i dunno i just dont understand how it would get there

10. i've had it in my nugs before too. every grower has a different process of cultivation maybe that grower just does it different that ends up having perlite in the buds

11. lol like what flip the plant up side down and dip the branches in purlite for a month until ya harvest

12. ive got shake with alot of peralite but it was differnt it was hard and most peralite you can crush in your fingers

peralite is a rock so it should be ok to smoke

but i think its for drying the leaves

13. What if you smoke the perlite and it absorbs all the H2O in your body and you die.

14. This happened to me once.

15. thanks w.a. finally someone answered my question..nice to know its a rock and not some man made chemical :eek:

16. You should throw your herb in a grinder... I'm sure the perlite wont fall through the holes. Even if it does it should be easier to separate some white pebbles from shake.

And I agree with whoever said smoke it out of a bong or anything water filtered to be on the safe side.

17. you really wouldnt need to do that you can pick it out its just that its not good because you could end up smoking some of it without really knowing if its deep in the nug that why trying to find out if it is dangerous to smoke