perfection

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by bobfish, Feb 5, 2003.

1. I used to have an English professor who would tell us that some words were created and meant to be used literally only when referring to Gods...

I believe "perfection" is one of those words...
    As such, perfection does not exist...

2. 1. always want what we cant have
    2. flaws in people make them seem more vulnerable, hence making you feel like you have a little more control, and vice versa. therefore flaws make us beutiful.
    3. you can always find a flaw in someone.
    4. i love sex and pot.....i mean....wait....

3. mmmmgood422 & mslegallyblonde ...

those two replies put together are damn near perfect. the idea is anyway, i woulda worded it different, but its all true.
    it is the variation and diversity that allow so much perfection in nature.

if ever there was that type of flawless perfection achieved (it would be called a spherical human lol) it's "perfection" in itself would be its flaw, and therfor it cannot exist in that sence. Perfection can only come subjectively.

4. :p
    nah.

i cant be good at putting things i failed english because, so i cant be better see? ;) hehe

5. The perfect person is a child...one that's too innocent to hate, with perfect love for other people.

6. LMFAO!

Ok, the child thing IS a bit corney, especially if you've got kids and have experienced all of the thinks they'll do to drive you friggin nutz...I guess I was in a spiritualy sappy frame of mind earlier today...;)

7. I'm watching Jerry Springer right now....

Kids are perfect till the adults and older kids teach them bad things..... It is evil that changes them to be the not so good people!!!

8. Children are evil...
    Period...

Has no one learned aything from "Children of the Corn" and "Pay it Forward"???
    Evil at its purest...

9. AHA!!!
    There we go...
    CHILDREN ARE PERFECTLY EVIL!!!

Those diabolical little bastards...

10. this is true.
    anyone who has taken mushrooms properly should realise this.