Perfect Stoner CD

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by DaZEED&ConFuseD, Apr 27, 2003.

1. I want to make a CD with some of the best songs to listen to while stoned. I like all types of rock except metal. Give me like your top 5 stoner rock songs so i can put together a CD.

2. i like Nirvana - marijuana, and nirvana - misery loves company, when im stoned:D. or nirvana - sliver, or nirvana - plateua, or nirvana - lake of fire.:)

well theres my top 5

3. Anything by Creedence, The Eagles, Marley. I like techno, so
    I've gotta say The Chemical Brothers - Setting Sun is
    awesome. Or if you want something slow and mellow
    try, "Alive Alone", but some people think it's too depressing,
    so it might not be your cup of tea.

That's four.

How about Fleetwood Mac? Preferably Roumors era stuff, like
    "Gold Dust Woman", or "The Chain". But then again, "Gypsy"
    is cool too.

4. hmm tough choice but here goes..

1| Offspring - Mota
    2| Sublime - Garden Grove
    3| Incubus - A Certain Shade Of Green
    4| Deftones - My Own Summer
    5| Deftones - Digital Bath

The last one is probably my most favorite mellow song ive ever heard, its so badass to zone out to. Hope I helped, heh

5. I just made one of those albums yesterday! Some of it's really different to my usual stuff (METAL!!), but I like the lot. All really tripped out or melodic stuff IMO (Haha moogle! < ignore that, it's between me and MoogleK).

Here's the track listing:

Black Sabbath - Planet Caravan
    At The Gates - Blinded By Fear
    Death - Voice Of The Soul
    Strapping Young Lad - Japan
    Cop Shoot Cop - Room 429
    Dimension Zero - My Demon (Mercyful Fate Tribute)
    Deep Purple - Child In Time
    In Flames - Bullet Ride
    NOFX - The Desperation's Gone
    Iron Maiden - Caught Somewhere in Time
    Metallica - Orion
    Morbid Angel - God Of Emptiness
    Fear Factory - Timelessness
    No Use For A Name - The Daily Grind
    Sepultura - Valtio
    Rammstein - Adios
    Black Sabbath - Orchid
    Discordance Axis - Tokyo

6. Hope you don't mind me posting more than 5 songs, including some metal songs, I just thought I'd let you know my track listing.

7. Sublime - Summertime would be a great track for a stoner CD.

8. hmmmmmm...... i listen to tekno, (trippy), sublime, eminem, Nos, um........ along those lines! it all depends on what type of music you like to listen to!

9. 1. Revolting cocks - do you think I'm sexy?
    2. Ministry - Filth pig
    3. Spritual beggars - Ad astra
    4. Cathedral - Mourning of a new day
    5. Kotiteollisuus - vakiot
    - hiljaa
    - valtakunta (I beg you please check this song out!!!!)

10. alright dude here's what ya do. anything by grateful dead, bob marley, phish, widespread panic, pink floyd, peter tosh, string cheese incident and bob dylan. hell yea!!! jammin' and truckin' are a must. and the story of the hurricane by Bob Dylan is the shit, the best.

peace

11. yeah definitely get some sublime in there

12. ... and dont forget bob dylan. yeah!!!!!

peace

... the story of the hurricane.

13. my perfect stoner CD would have to be a DVD full of music. starting with a couple of drum & bass tunes and a few trance, moving to some old school, then the "dance" section would climax at Higher State of Consciousness. straight after going into some electronica... something fairly ambient, maybe something from aphextwin's selected ambiant works. then moving into other similar electronica areas, maybe some dave dresden, squarepusher, Kraftwerk, autechre, and definately some boards of canada, tortoise, some plaid, two lone swordsmen, nightmares on wax and finishing on a crazy mix of squarepushers "im tha fucking daddy!" :D then cranking it right down a notch to some brian eno's crazy ambient stuff.. a couple really mellow ambient tracks, then pinkfloyd's echoes, then taking you into pink floyds dark side of the moon split up with some other floyd (stuff from piper at the gates of dawn, umaguma, meddle and others) then changing to other prog rock, like Led Zeplin, Jethro Tull and King Crimson maybe even a couple of Emerson,Lake&Palmer tracks... here comes the jazz section starting with dixie and some of Loui's best.. jazz for about 40 minutes... then switching into some old 50s & 60s & 70s rock, from buddy holly to jeferson airplaine & love right upto a little bit of merillian. then in a bizare twist, go from merillian straight into the BBC sessions version of Jimi's Can you please come crawl out your window... then a whole big long section of JIMI and nuthin but. then throw in a few latin tracks, maybe a little santana or something too... then throw in another twist and get it into some funky reggae, bob marley a plenty... then after at least a hour of bob & a few others, it starts to slowly morph and mix into some drum and bass for another hour and a half then slowly progressing back to some psychadelic electronica for at least another two hours, then drifting of into ambient tinkliness and then going so ambient by the end of it (if your still awake from smokin so much good shit) your listening to whale songs and similar.

14. I just made a stoner cd the other day. I call it "da ganja mix." I already have an idea for a sequel and I had a name for it but I forgot it. Now I'm going to have to pop that cd in so I can get the track listing for y'all. The playlist for it is on my computer that I sent home earlier today. I'll have a track listing up here in a little while.

Just had an idea for a name for the next one. The Tokin' Stoner CD. Kind of a play on words. Token or Tokin'

15. and here it is...

1 Bob Marley - I know a peace
    2 Aswad - Just a little herb
    3 Sublime - Summertime
    4 Long Beach Dub Allstars - It ain't easy
    5 Krazyie Bone (or something like that) - Smoking Buddha
    6 Sublime - Smoke two joints (I originally had the Marley version there but switched b/c the Sublime version is better
    7 Aswad - Smokey Blues
    8 Long Beach Dub Allstars - Rolled Up
    9 Afro Man - Cuz I got high
    10 Sublime - Bong Song
    11 Tom Petty - Roll another joint
    12 Bob Marley - Jammin
    13 Tom Petty - Last dance with Mary Jane
    14 Grateful Dead - Scarlet Begonias
    15 Weezer - Hash Pipe
    16 War - Low Rider
    17 Joe Walsh - Life's been good
    18 Aerosmith - Dream on
    19 Long Brach Dub Allstars - One good thing about music
    20 Simon and Garfunkel - Sounds of Silence
    21 Sean Paul - Get it on (this one is only on there because a friend got it stuck in my head)

I wanted to keep a certain feeling throughout the cd. the next one will have some techno on it. Then after that I'm gonna do a cd with songs that chicks like to dance to. Gotta keep them girls motivated!

16. i have 4 cds that are nothing but bass:D

17. one song, moby - my weakness. its beautiful

18. I was working on a kick ass bass cd but the car I have now has a weak stereo and there'd be no point. Mebbe if I get the speakers replaced and a sub put in I'll finish it.

19. damn... now how do i make that thumbs up bigger? i wanna 72 point size thumbs up to that!