Perfect looking buds on the bottom .. whats happening with the top buds???

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by jayjay5396, Aug 8, 2012.

1. hi ive got a female sour diesel her buds are looking NICE on the bottom and middle but the top still has lots of hairs, why she only half flowered?

shes in planter soil (for tomatoes) shes been fed top max and bio bloom under 400w HPS shes all natural have not topped her or tied her down just let her grow thats all ive done

pics.... the first few pics is of the bottom and middle the next few are the top of the plant.

Attached Files:

2. Dude, there is nothing wrong with your plant, that top cola looks juicy as f**k lol

If you have a scope or loupe then I suggest to harvest what is ready when its ready and leave what's not till it is.
    You don't have to chop the lot becuase some of it looks ripe, take your time and you will have some A+ buds man...

Happy tokin :)

3. Those burnt leaves look like nute burn.Id flush,and plain water till harvest

4. The reason for your predicament is there is not as much light at the bottom + middle part of your plants as ..say the top part.

5. thanks buddy well i didnt think i could half harvest her i thought that would stress her out, i've got a 60x mag but it dont have amber colour trycones on any of the buds yet but i can tell the bottom looks like mature buds the top still looks like its very immature.

ive grown 2 plants they wernt very good i'm hoping to get this one right this time :) it looks better i guess thats a good thing :) look at what ive had before heres a pic of another sour diesel i had and also a link of a NYC i cant post the other pics coz there in another thread heres the thread http://forum.grasscity.com/indoor-marijuana-growing/1036565-my-plant-ready-yet.html

Attached Files:

6. Dude that plant pictured looks big as f**k lol.

One thing I will say is no matter whether it looks ready, if the trichs aren't amber and cloudy to a certain extent then it is not chop time, no point spending all that time growing an then chopping early an only getting half a good smoke.

Believe me it will be worth the wait in the end :smoke:

7. its not a good smoke like ive just had some of the older plant there, its all been dried n cured since 2 months ago.
    it still tastes leafy very harsh but it does get me a lil dizzy, still prefer the stuff i buy at $40 for 2g. what i buy is way better than the stuff ive grown :( i'm trying and slowly getting better i just didnt think it be this hard to get right yeah m8 no point spending 7-8 months time growing then choppin a plant that wasnt ready.

im checking the trycones every couple of days they all look like icicles even the bottom buds have better developed tricones than the top they bigger easier to see too.

how do i take a photo of the tricones???

8. Your plants take 8 months?

9. the one i have now (the 1st post on here) i planted that about 6 months ago its still not ready it must still have a few weeks to go the top is still mostly white hairs the bottom is green stuff :D

the last plants took about 7-8 months remember tho my light is only 400w and its set 12/12 from seed its gonna take longer than someone who can afford 1000w on 18/6 then 12/12

10. Looks good to me. Tall as shiiitt.

11. Best guide on when to harvest.

Zeus's Take on Harvesting

Dude let em keep going, it looks fine. It'll get even better as you keep growing, for now, make sure not to chop early.

12. #12 jayjay5396, Aug 8, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 8, 2012
    yeah man silly me forgot to check the sizes, sour diesel is listed as a tall plant its a mix of satavia n indica 75cm+ i didnt top this plant just let her grow so shes in her natural state.

no buddy i wasnt planing on cutting her yet she needs a few weeks at least im waiting on the top buds cos they usually stronger :)

13. [quote name='"jayjay5396"']

the one i have now (the 1st post on here) i planted that about 6 months ago its still not ready it must still have a few weeks to go the top is still mostly white hairs the bottom is green stuff :D

the last plants took about 7-8 months remember tho my light is only 400w and its set 12/12 from seed its gonna take longer than someone who can afford 1000w on 18/6 then 12/12[/quote]

Is it an hps or mh? Because if your starting 12/12 from seed it should not take 7-8 months at all. Not trying to hate at all and I don't know that much about growing but I'm guessing your doing something wrong. Like I said not trying to hate just give some sort of advice

Anyways it still looks really good hope you have a nice harvest.

14. HPS finelite brand maybe iim not accurate on the months it takes but im close i know its a very long time ive just planted another one i'm not expecting it to be ready untill New year 2013 my grow kit is very limited i dont have extractor fans n carbon filters all i got is a light and a desk fan in a wardrobe

15. I think the top colas look pretty decent.. Beautiful buds though, nice quality. You'll Deffinetely enjoy that harvest. Congrats on the grow bro.
    Also looks like you might have used a bit too much fertilizer, the ends of some of your leaves look burnt. Id say flush your plants

16. #16 jayjay5396, Aug 8, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 8, 2012
    i may have used too much but the bloody bottle doesnt state how often to use or how many litres to pour on :(

it says to be used additionally to normal watering to me that means use every time you water i water every 2 days soo.. i thought that was abit much so i used it once a week shes had it 4 times upto now, she had 2 litres of feed every week she mainly gets fresh water

if someone can give me clearer instructions here that would be a great help.

1.how often should i feed???
    2.how much of the feed should i pore onto the soil each time???

i give my plants 2 liters of regular water every 2 days and they getting 2 liters of TopMax water once a week

17. Give us the lowdown on what it actually states on the bottle, it seems to me that 2 litres of what your using is ludicrous amounts lol, I use feed in millilitres not litres or iwould be paying t grow weed through the nose lol 20 bucks a bottle which aint even a litre is overkill in your way lol

18. yes thats to make the feed so after you make up the feed (diluted in water) you end up with 3 liters of mix dont you???? stop it man your not funny you knew what i meant