perfect humidity for sativa

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by arolf, Mar 7, 2012.

1. Hi

Ia have my first grow of sativa and is it difficult for me get the proper information.

In my search i have concluded that the best humidity in veg are 65 to 80%, i am right?

But the information of humidity in flowering period is really just contradictions, and i dont get built a knowledge for this theme.

someone can help me to build this knowledge, whit useful information or link?

Thanks

2. I like to keep mine between 20 - 40 rh

3. Humidity scares more than you can imagine when it comes to flower.

I fought mold one time. And vowed never again. It was a beginner mistake. I

4. A good rule of thumb I always use is to keep your humidity HALF of your temperature. So if your flowering room runs at about 80 deg F, then you would want to keep your humidity under 40%. Me PERSONALY, I keep my temp in my flowering room between 75-80 F all the time. And my humidity at around 30%. I also have a box fan (other than my ducting/exhaust system) set on HI on each plant in my flowering room. That way your constantly keeping air moving in your plants canopy. I have never had a mold or mildew problem by keeping it this way. If you have an ass load of plants or a SOG or a SCROG then you obviously wont have a fan per plant, but you want to have as much air flowing through your plants as possible. Other than keeping mold/mildew away, having a fan constantly blasting on your plants it will cause your plant to grow a more vigorous root system as well as a thicker stalk and branches in order to keep itself standing on its own. I've done this forever, works great. In your veg room higher humidity is a good thing. That helps your plants grow faster and healthier root systems. AGAIN if you keep plenty of air flowing through your plants. If they are all sitting there pretty much touching eachother, in still, wet air, you are BEGGING for a mold prob, not to mention I'm sure it stunts the growth of your plants and ultimately keeps them less healthy. I hope this stuff helps you out. Dont be scared to message me if you have any questions. I woulda saved my ass TON'S of time and $ and pain in my ass if I had someone who had been growing for a while I could ask questions when I didn't know something. Most of it's common since bud...

5. Oh ya humidity scares the crap out of me lol my first grow indoors and have been battling humidity levels between 65-75 and I am a week into flower in a 8x4 grow tent with 2 1000w HPS intake and exhaust and four six inch fans for circulation, temps range just about the same as my humidity, its cooler when I have lights on due to running them at night, I'm super stressed to lose my crop when buds get thick n chunky