Perfect Homemade bowl/downstem

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by medic8ed, Jun 25, 2012.

1. #1 medic8ed, Jun 25, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 25, 2012
    Hi, This is my first post. I've lurked these forums for a while now. Anyway I've found the perfect easy homemade bowl/downstem.

On to it,

Needed Materials:
    A Zebra brand PEN (not the pencil, it won't work)

And a few inches of 1/4'' clear tubing (10ft is like 3 dollars at Lowe's)

And a 1/4'' ID x 5/8'' OD grommet (2$ for 3 at Lowe's)

Directions:
    disassemble the pen and discard all the parts except the metal tube and the metal part where the point of the pen comes out, when normally writing with it.

hold the tube in your left hand and stick the pointy end of the "bowl" into either end of the tube. It'll be a tight fit but you can push it in with a little force.

voila you have a simple one-hitter.
    to use in a bong you simply attach a few inches of the quarter inch tubing to the end opposite of the bowl. Using a lighter to heat the plastic a bit helps to slide it on, and some spit as lube helps as well. Also to attach the bowl to a plastic bottle make a hole in it (heating the tube from the extra pen in the package to melt a perfect hole and melting it a bit bigger to fit helps). fit the grommet in the hole and put a 1'' section of tube onto the bowl end of the metal tube that is your bowl/downstem. make sure the grommet fits snugly on this portion of tube on the bowl/downstem. now this bong will need a carb and the bowl only packs 2-3 snaps.

End result?
    A perfect to all my friends and I bowl/downstem. I can't afford glass but this is the best alternative i can get. you can hit it as hard and as long as you want and the plastic never heats up enough to get fumes. the only con is it only packs 2-3 snaps.

let me know what you think

whoops second post

2. Bump

Any thoughts?

3. This sounds like your spending $15 that you could buy a acrylic bong on no offense just saying. The idea of a homemade bong is you make it with things you have laying around the house already.

4. Well it's 10$ combined and that's enough to make a couple for your friends. And I'm 18 but you have to be 19 in Alabama to get in a headshop. And I like this better because it's easily disposable and easily transferable if you use a bigger or smaller bottle.

Thanks for your input though, I wanted opinions.

5. That's weird I lived in Alabama and it was 18 to get into a headshop. At least it was in Huntsville.

6. Well in the Montgomery area, all the "head shops" are in the back of sex stores like Love Stuff. And you can be 18 to get in but you have to be 19 to get in the back room where all the bongs and stuff are.

7. Oh ok that makes since out there we have just head shops. Sex shop heads shops 99% of the time suck anyway. Cheap China glass

8. Yeah, thanks for your opinion. I've seen the glass that comes out of there. It's crappy.

9. But your idea is unique. I am a fan :)

10. I think so too, so I'm gonna keep using it. And it's available at a walmart near you.