Perfect example of an logical fallacy.

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by TheOceanInside, Mar 26, 2011.

1. #1 TheOceanInside, Mar 26, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 26, 2011
    saw this while reading a comment section to something (i've been having sleep problems)

"So, I have the same problem. I bought a journal, wrote in it for a half an hour the other night, morning, and realized I had written a book, "literally". I am not god fearing yet I do believe in "universe" and when I researched this issue I have I ran into the idea that Jesus died at this hour. For me... I realized something greater than me was trying to get my attention, so instead of fighting it...I embraced it. We are all different, yet try it, get a journal and see what comes up for you at that hour. Good luck!"

this is called an anecdote, i think it is, anyway it's pretty obvious that he just formed that conclusion that "god" was trying to reach out to him and grab his attention just because he wrote a book during the same hour that "jesus died". now he identifies himself as some sort of religion (you can't really tell from the information given), but that's not the point. the point is dumb shit like this happens everywhere. i wish more people realized this and applied it to their thinking.

i know it's not supposed to be 'an' in the title, im high and cant figure out how to edit it.. fuck my sleep problems :( whenever i fall asleep i wake up 4 hours later no fail.

2. Nothing logical about that.

3. indeed, hence why logical was followed by the word fallacy...

4. the word perfect is a logical fallacy.

something can be too perfect. or perfectly imperfect.

be careful, once you open that Pandora's box, it cannot be closed!

5. A logical fallacy is a false or incorrect logical principle. There is no logic in the original quote -- supposition, assumption, inane conclusions, sure -- but no logic...

6. Delusions of thinking one is a god is possibly a sign of schizophrenia. Or sent by god, inspired by god, or anything to that effect really.

7. not sure what you mean by this, neither me nor the person i was quoting stated they thought they were a god.

8. 'an' is only used when the next word begins with a vowel...fail sir.

9. I have no idea what you are talking about so please enjoy this lobster dog for the next hour or so...

lobster-dog.jpg