Percs or room for more ice?

Discussion in 'Smoking Accessories Q&A' started by manduki, Jul 15, 2009.

1. Simple question. Is it better so have, say, 2 feet of nothing but ice or like 1 feet percs, 1 foot ice? Kinda new to bongs... I normally vape. Mine doesn't have any percs, but I have attached an inline a/c and carbon filter to it. Would this bong hit smoother if it were to have percs built in or a shit ton of room for ice... we're talking like two solid trays here, the smoke is so cold going in.

Sorry blades, no camera cord at the moment. :(

2. well truthfully it can go both ways, 2 feet of ice would be cooler for sure, because well...more ice. the 1 foot perc and 1 foot ice would be better in my opinion, because 1 foot of ice compared to 2 feet of ice...wont make THAT much of a difference.

go with 1 foot perc, 1 foot ice

3. A foot of percs?! Haha your lookin at some drag son...:eek:

4. Well, maybe not a FOOT... but you get the idea lol.

By the way. I'm so blazed. Just got done tokin' some bowls and two blunts.

5. definately the percs, theres only so much the ice is going to do after awhile man. All the ice is doing is cooling down the hit while the perc w/ ice is cleaning the smoke entering your lungs as well as cooling it.

6. Diffusion > ice

7. i foot of perc? wtf?
    and diffusion is not necessarily better than ice.
    my 14" straight tube syn with a roor.us diffy filled with ice hits way nicer than my friends 14" zob with a 4 arm perc and the one ice cube that fits in it.

8. Ive got room for a foot of ice in mine I can imagine using more than that.

most of the time I dont even use ice

9. Can you buy external 13-arm percs, similar to the ones built inside some Toros?

It would obviously have to stand upright outside of the bong itself...

Maybe that's what I'll do so I can still enjoy all that ice while having some major diffusion. :hello:

10. I'm with Jdahms here. I have several bongs with ice catchers, and about the only time I put ice in them is when I know a novice will be hitting it. If you get a ton of room for ice then you have to constantly empty out water from the base as the ice melts, and if you forget to pay attention you run the risk of that water coming out through your bowl (especially if it is a straight cylinder base). IMO go with a perc instead of a ton of ice.

11. i think he meant just a perc. itself not a foot haha who knows.

12. percs definitely are better to have more of, no more than 3 tho, then you just get a ton of drag

13. You mean an ashcatccher? Ive seen 11 arm ashcatchers and they got inlines those got some major diffusion ;)