Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Percs or no percs?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by rizzleB, Feb 19, 2012.

1. What are your guys' opinions on bongs with percs and without percs? I alway bought perc bongs but then I see guys like pokealotofsmot and hashbean just ripping plain old roors. I never understood this because it was always my opinion that a perc would just make a better hit.

A lot of people say that its because there is no drag on a nice roor or illadelph, but ive never really noticed a problem with drag on any of my perc bongs.

2. i prefer bongs with percs because it makes the hit smoother for me, and bongs with no percs are great also.

3. It's not that big a deal, Id take either one.

4. ilikethebasicnessofastraight. yo

5. it's all preference. the benefits of a straight tube though, along with having less drag, is that it delivers better taste.

6. I need/appreciate the filtration that good percolators provide. In addition to an activated carbon filter, my daily driver setup runs through a 10arm tree in the ashcatcher through a showerhead, then Matrix® percs in the tube. Plus I like seeing all the bubbles and hearing the gurgle sound after clearing it. :) But the smoothing of the smoke/vapor is what I really like about them.

7. As said above, QUALITY straight tubes will have NO drag and have better taste, a perc bong you risk some drag because of the perc, but if you're spending $200 + you can expect a tree arm or something alone those lines that will have pretty much zero drag.

8. Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man. ;)

9. speaking from personal experience, I always prefer a perc. but that's just me.

10. When a tube has a downstem I prefer percs, but on most stemless tubes, like my king stem, I think a perc would ruin the feel of it

11. I like 1 or 2 percs, but it gets a little ridiculous when you have like 50 million diffused pieces/attachments on a bong and you practically collapse a lung trying to rip it.

I just don't like it when people go overboard with it, makes the rips taste like shit too if the bongs been used frequently.

12. yeah my buddy has a bong where its all percs and diffusers

13. I'll smoke weed absolutely any way I can... but my perc bongs KILL my singles.