percolators

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by duperdutch, Aug 9, 2010.

1. I want to upgrade to a higher end piece to a larger water pipe including an icecatcher and some percolators (and an ashcatcher seperate). I've had a good smoking setup for about a year now but I've been saving some money, and now I have enough money to upgrade everything. I definitely think I should take the chance to upgrade my good smoking setup, It's good but it could be a lil gooder. :D

My issue is with percolators though, I checked up at my local headshop downtown and they have lots of nice pieces with many percolators. How many percolators would you prefer or suggest in a piece? I can get a piece with 4 percs but it will be a few "s less, but I can get a 2 or 3 perc piece thats slight taller. In short it comes down to percs vs size. How many percs would you settle on without the piece ending up a lil short? eesy:smoke:

2. personally i'd go with a perc or two, and an ice chamber. ice chambers are great!!!

3. Personally I wouldn't go with more than one or two or else the drag can be beastly, but that's just my preference. Also, if you're using an ashcatcher it might be slightly redundant to run the smoke through 4 more percs

4. def 1-2, both of mine have one, and there great.. one 4 arm perc, and one 8 arm..

5. 2 percs tops
    anything above that is unnecessacry
    and probably really tall
    dieselnyc has been advising against tubes over 18"
    check alt for some high end tubes
    stoneglass
    luke wilson
    illadelph

i have an mgw 2x8arm tree straight
    its a badass tube
    sometimes i feel like its too much tho

also, for diffusions sake, upgrade the downstem to a showerhead
    those seem to be doing the job nicely for most experienced tokers
    also, a bowl with more thanone hole should be sought after too
    better flow = better toking experience

best of luck!
    -DC

6. There is no need for more than 3 water chambers. That means the main chamber, ash catcher, and 1 set of percs. Personally I prefer 2. I feel like my HISI ascatcher and my Sheldon Black beaker is enough filtration for me. Some people like less and some more, but I prefer just 2.

7. There is no need for a bong... or even weed for that matter dude. Need should have never entered into the discussion. The number of chambers is a personal preference thing... but with more than two percs you begin to lose a great amount of taste and some thc. 4 percs is just asking for drag... and chinaware. 1 chamber is best for taste... more for better diffusion.

8. I personally like single chambers the best, but I do have some double chambers. Just make sure you go high end if u get a double, to ensure as little drag as possible. Toro, sg, vg, itza, etc... are all some solid brands that make double chambers.

9. one perc with a ashcatcher is a good setup but I think a no perc bong with a double ashcatcher is the perfect setup

10. double ashcatcher? you mean two ashcatchers or a double chamber? only multi chambered A/C ive seen is the monster SYN.

straight tube with a good diffuser + decent ashcatcher is enough for me.

11. What's the point of a perc for real?

Let's assume that I'm a man and not a boy, and that my throat and lungs can take it because I haven't been scared away from cigarettes by all the negative hype so my throat and lungs stay conditioned for smoke.

Would I really want to get a bong w/ a perc?

I was looking the other day at some places in atlanta, and I saw a straight pipe, 18.8, no percs, just an ice pinch that was 11mm thick.

Would I be better off to spend the same money on a 5mm thick bong w/ a perc?

Someone help me out, in the next 30-60 days I'm spending something like 400-$500 on a bong, and I have no idea what I'm doing.
    I think the only reason Imma do it is because I got alot more weed frmo my harvest than I thought, and I just broke my crappy 2 footer, and buying parts to fix it is dumb.

12. Well 11mm is unheard of for anyone but US Tubes... so I doubt that.

Can't tell you if you'll like the diffusion of a perc until you try one... and I mean a good one not some chinese pos. Ask to water hit a quality perc in your lhs. The hit is much nicer than a non-perc tube regardless of your propensity to smoke cancer sticks... lol.

Try to check out a tube with a diffy and perc and a fixed stem perc.

13. either way you need a downstem. make it a luke wilson 6 arm and all your grounds are covered.

14. #14 Psilocin420, Aug 9, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 9, 2010
    I just thought Id state that Im a no perc kinda guy, mainly b/c I cant afford a heady USA made tube with one atm. When I get another perc tube though its gonna be just one perc, b/c I like less drag and to be able to taste my smoke more than smoothness/filtration.

15. #15 mrgoodsmoke, Aug 9, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 9, 2010
    I was looking as some sheldon black, some ZOB's, some HVY, and some others. I know the 11mm was just a plain tube. Heavy as HELL. I'd like to get something at least 9mm, as I've literally owned hundreds of pieces over the years and I'd rather just call it a day and get a lifetime bong.

Any feedback on those named above? Would I be better off to look for something else?

I checked out some roor's in the price range but I can't remember seeing anything comparable for the price. (made sure to check out the fake roor ID thread here first, so they were legit at least).

16. Get a single perc 12 arm, my buddy bought a new bowl and its pretty big, can hold a gram or more and i can pack it full and just rip it throught my 12 arm like i have super lungs but i have asthma. I would go with the most amount of arms for better flow, with my bong it doesn't matter really how big your toke is, it's the same smoothness rather you take a pinner toke or a full bowl toke. My 12 arm works like a dream, i could never rip tokes like that before and to think there a double 12 arm, a triple and a 4 perc 48 arm that i could purchase and rip a 2g toke out of. The only thing thats sucks is that it works too good and the perc chamber gets all resined up super fast.

17. Those won't give you the amazing diffusion of a Sovereignty or something.. but they'll definitely work to help you decide if you even want a perc and would make a quality tube. I wouldn't recommend a ROOR perc unless you really just want one... their percs are all older and outdated.

If what you really want is a forever tube, stay away from tree percs. The dangling arms are prone to break from resonance if there is trauma to the tube. Circs, waffles, stemlines, etc don't have that problem.

18. Thanks man. I've seen the removable tree percs, and I figured that'd make them easier to clean, but I haven't seen replacement ones for sale anywhere.....

I dunno what to do. I'll probably just be victimized by the store clerk and convince myself I'm happy about it.