Percolator conversion for regular bong?

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by ctruck, Feb 28, 2013.

1. So I have a pretty nice glass water bong with round base (nothing crazy, just a downstem and slide. My lady is starting to say it is to harsh for her to hit anymore. I suggested a perc but she just wants a bubbler. Can I replace my downstem with a different one that will accept a percolator(percolator sizes seem larger than average slide)? The guy at the shop said they only make that for glass to glass pieces? Since mine has a rubber collar between where the downstem slides into the bong, is that why it wont work? According to him? Would like to just "upgrade" the bong if possible. Any advice is appreciated.

2. If its a rubber grommet you cannot put any standard upgrades like a new downstem or a a/c. I would just get that bubbler.

3. You can find new downstems for grommet bongs they are just harder to find

4. if you dont wanna upgrade your piece to glass on glass you should search for slide stem a/c or o-ring a/c,

5. he was asking about getting a a/c on it. Ill give you a billion internetz if you find a rubber grommet a/c:rolleyes: