Percolated Bong vs. Diffused Bubbler

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by TJT, Jul 12, 2011.

1. A good friend of mine is trying to get rid of some of his glass for a new illy, and has let me have a few trials of his pieces, and im torn between these two.

An unnamed, green, 18" bong with an open ended, 4 slit diffuser downstem and a 6 arm diffused tree perc. Also has ice notches. $230

Or

A single chamber, diffused bubbler with the design of a man with a tophat (He calls it the mad hatter) $100-130

The functionality of the bong drew me towards it immediately, and i thoroughly enjoy using it. Also gets me quite ripped.
    The portability of the bubbler is unmatched though. Its still very much better than a non-diffused pipe but isnt exactly on the same level as the bong.

Also, i normally take a ~20 min drive to get to school/friends and obviously my new pipe would be making the routine journey with me, and i would much prefer being pulled with a handheld bubbler that i can hide as opposed to an almost 2 ft tube that is impossible to hide in my car.

Just fishing for opinions on this situation.

2. Well Bongs are def not good to have riding with you in your car everyday. If your trying to find a piece for traveling then I would say go with the bubbler because of its smaller size.

3. Y not ask if he will cut u a better deal if u take them both? If money is an issue than I would go with the bubbler because it sounds like u don't have a piece for portability.

4. Sounds like you think the bong would be impractical.
    It's also like double the price.
    Sooooooo it sounds like you're pretty sure of what you should do.

5. idk ice catcher means more to me in a bong than a perc. it's all up to your smoking preference, i would be like, i know you have prices set, but offer 250-275 for both and see if he takes it. it's really not easy to sell used pieces, and especially unnamed ones.

6. Further info: I have a couple portable pieces but they are very simple rubber grommet designs and are not nearly as enjoyable to smoke. And the impracticality of the bong is always being contested by it's functionality. Maybe I'm just antsy to get my first bong, who knows

7. Go with the bubbler. If main issue is portability u gotta go with the bubbler

8. No point in getting the bong if you have to have something portable. Either way, that bong sounds grossly overpriced.

9. I agree, 230 for a used no name bong? i would be surprised if it was that much new.

10. Yeah sounds like a LHS sticker price aha. Could walk out of a shop with a similar piece for like $150 new after haggling.

11. Different pieces for different situations holmes

but if its for your car then i would go with the bubb of course.

12. #12 TJT, Jul 12, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 12, 2011
    Even further information: I would be helping out a good friend of mine by taking the bong off of his hands. The bubbler is no longer available but the bong is reserved for myself, he claims he bought the bong for $350 (btw we live in the southeast, south carolina to be exact) So the overpriced bong is somewhat understandable to me

EDIT: The bong isnt exactly for my car, sure it would be in my car while im driving, but im obviously not going to be passing a bong around in my car while i drive. It would be a stationary smoker, but being pulled over with it still has its downsides

Do you think its worth $230 to help a friend and own a no name perc bong?

13. $230 for a possibly chinese tube with just a 6arm tree and a normal slit diffy doesn't sound like a friend price IMO
    But if you wanna help him out and you want the tube go for it.

14. at least talk him down to $200

15. his original price was $280, so he did drop $50 off, but its still a wad of cash... Idk i think it basically comes down to helping a friend and getting a decent tube or buying more weed

But even though it would be considered a mediocre tube to this forum, and only a good tube to myself, its still a head turner over here haha

And if the sale of this bong affects his opportunity to grab an illadelph coil, wouldnt you want me to buy it if you were in his position?

16. I wouldn't be looking at an Illy coil unless I was building a biiig collection.

Aaaanyways, of course if I was trying to sell something I'd want someone to buy it.
    I personally would put my $230 elsewhere, especially now that I re-read and he's just selling to get a new tube. Not helping him out in the way I thought and it's still not a friend price.
    It's hard for me to believe he paid $300 new. A picture of it would help.

17. And obviously im no glass expert, any examples of ways to see if its chinese glass? seems thick to me, about the same as my friends medicali but once again, im no expert.

18. a picture will be up as soon as i can charge my phone

19. An easy way to tell if it's chinese is if part of the glass is colored, like a cobalt blue, green or orange, though I guess there can be exceptions.

20. Should be easy to tell by the joint, welds, percs, etc when posted.