Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Perception of what a "Seasoned Toker" really is

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by SsmokeWeed, Nov 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. #1 SsmokeWeed, Nov 10, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 10, 2010
    Let's get straight to the point. I want you to describe specifically what you think a seasoned toker is.

My story -- skip if you don't like good things.

My idea? I have a specific character in my mind; a childhood friend's dad. He had been growing his own stash of pot since age 13 and always kept a few pounds stashed in (separate) coffee cans around the house and in his garage. The most humble person I ever had met. He had eyes that you could tell have seen disaster, rage, and a tattered past, like a beaten dog. He wore a scruffly beard, dressed in warm, comfy clothes, even in the summer.

He had a collection of 3, maybe 4 pipes, a ceramic bubbler and a bong. Always shared his stash with his son's friends, but we were real secretive about it, kids at school would suck our nuts for free bud if we let them know. If you saw (let's call him Jimbo) Jimbo, you would think he's a homeless man; but ultimately, he was completely happy with his life and supported his family, and they got by just fine. I still know Jimbo and his son today.

I once had a stoned talk with him while smoking a cigarette in his backyard, I thought I was so cool (I was ~15) So tell me; what is a seasoned toker to you?

2. a seasoned toker is someone to me who has been around, they know what there doing, there not D-bags. and they dont care who smokes, they give everyone a chance, they dont judge and they can carry on a good converstation and not freak out everytime

3. A seasoned toker to me, has no age restrictions. You could be a seasoned toker at 12 as far as I'm concerned. It's more an issue of maturity, and knowledge of the bud.

4. A "Seasoned Toker" to me would be someone with lots of experience. Somebody who has "been there and done that." Somebody who isn't afraid to try new techniques through years of massive trial and error. A level headed, chilled out kind of person who enjoys sharing his knowledge with the less experienced. An innovator of sorts.

5. I love the stoners, like the one you're referring to OP, who are just straight up legit. I hope to one day be perceived as such a character.

But who do I consider seasoned at toking?

When you're having a long, heavy session some people who don't toke hard might have to sit out on a spliff or turn down another hit. Seasoned tokers are never limited to how much they can smoke, just by when they fancy a little nap.

Much love.

6. To me a seasoned toker has nothing to do with age. It's more of a respect for the ganja and the people involved with it. Knowing stoner etiquette and demonstrating it every day you smoke up. I may only be 19 and am far from the true definition of "seasoned" but I feel like I could sit down with some old guys like osg and whoever else on this site and smoke a few j's and talk about marijuana, life, etc...The only characteristic of a seasoned toker should be the ability to "handle" weed I guess. I feel like I could smoke 2 blunts to the dome and be cool in front of anyone. For me smoking is more about relaxation and opening my brain up, it really stimulates the mind and body. I just can't deal with people who "trip" on weed... That's just my two cents

7. Hmmm, Just my two cents , but a seasoned toker has as much to do with maturity of the person , than the smoking itself.

I think that if youve been through ups and downs in life , youve failed and succeeded , and smoked through-out , your a seasoned toker.

Sorry to all the 19 and 20 year olds that think they are seasoned tokers cause they smoke alot ! Look back in 10 years and you will laugh at what a young punk kid you were....

I liked the original post story...

8. A seasoned toker will never ask you to throw down or chide you for not having bud. They are the type that has learned that there are ups and downs and weed should be a communal thing, bringing people together to enjoy it together.

9. They gotta know what they're talking about but understand they (along with everyone) are still learning.

I'm sorry, I gotta say, I giggled at that. So true. I still look back and think how dumb I was. It helps me learn how to better myself for the future.

Thank you, I worked hard on it. (Kind of)

There's a difference from just not having smoke and being a freeloader.

10. To me its my Uncle.. hes 55 lives a comfortable life as a head carpender and has been smoking since the age of 12. Always has a few plants growing, never leaves the house with out at least 5 joints and always willing to smoke up with me. Such a chill guy to blaze with:hello:

11. Exactly your the sub-forum description says. An experienced smoker.. That encompasses your knowledge, stories, consumption ect.. It's not complicated.

12. I second this.

13. #13 SsmokeWeed, Nov 11, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 11, 2010
    I'm not asking what a seasoned toker is. I'm asking what YOU think one is.

So you think a seasoned toker is one that's been "puffin' for a while" that has "vast knowledge of the herb" and has had "many adventures with Mary Jane?"

Highly unoriginal but, that's what you believe, I suppose. ;)

I've blazed with a large amount of smokers exactly like this, and the last thing I would call them is seasoned. Does that make them uncool people? No; just not seasoned.

14. As stated in another topic just like this...

A seasoned toker for me is someone whose been smoking for a few years, know a decent amount about Marijuana, knows where to and not smoke at, knows what they can and can' do after having smoked, and just loves the plant for what it is.

They also understand that some people smoke it for medicinal or religious purposes only, and is cool with it. Doesn't need to be the best smoker in the group. Can enjoy people who are high and just chill as well as people who are a lil loud and laugh a bunch. (This is not to say that people who don't enjoy being around high people who laugh alot and joke around are not seasoned tokers.)

Different strokes for different folks.

15. a seasoned toker is just what the phrase implies..one who has enjoyed the smoke for a long time..hence seasoned...some of us have been toking for 35 years or more...37 for me..ive brushed more weed off my pant leg from rolling a doobie than some have even seen is my favorite thing to say...:)... keep toking people..youll make it too

16. At 21 i'm amazed at how much i've learned in the past 5 years. Being a volunteer in the medical marijuana community put me in a highly advantageous position to be learning about cannabis.

I'm sure you're right though. I wouldn't really call myself seasoned, I haven't even grown yet.
    Thats starting soon, so i'm sure after 20 crop rotations, I will think I was a punk (ehh more like gullible) kid.

17. I disagree, Your describing a seasoned person. A seasoned toker could be some immature 20 year old that has been smoking for like 6 years and knows a lot about bud.

18. Someone that has or had incorporated smoking weed into there life, as a daily routine, and when stoned feels like there at home.:D:smoke::smoke:

19. So the 15-16 year old cholos in highschool are seasoned tokers?

20. Able to function normally or better(at work, with sober friends, etc) when high.

Consistently smoking everyday for long periods of time.

When the "side effects" are no longer affecting you or are easily controlled. Dry mouth, hunger, drowsiness, laziness, etc. Red eyes is about the only one that sticks around. Thank you eyedrops!

Taking all the different aspects of philosophies and information about the plant and making it a part of your life.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.