Perc broke

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by dboifresh24, Nov 17, 2014.

1. Any suggestions on what to do to fix this? Thanks yall

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1416194421.924537.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1416194433.957491.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. If you think it's worth repairing you can pay a glass blower to fix it for you. You can try hit up 805 glass repair and see what their rate is. It's impossible to fix with home appliance.

3. What brand is it? Quality of glass? How much did you pay for it? Those 3 questions will determine whether or not it's worth repairing. 

4. It's SSFG glass

Soul shine family glass and I paid 200 for it.

I went on the glass blower website and they would charge $180.

I'm guessing that's not worth it. So my only option really is to through it away? I really hope it doesn't have to come down to that

5. a glass blower would have to slowly heat and cool the entire piece because of where the break is....you probably wont find anyone to touch that for less than 150/130....just get a new piece and move on...glass breaks, its unfortunate.

6. This site should give you an idea:
    http://www.stonearchstudio.com/repair-price-quotes/

They require a $20 non refundable deposit, and the joint repair is $50. You will have to show them pictures for them to tell you a price quote. Going by the joint repairs being $50 and the foots being $60, I wouldn't be surprised if your costs ran at least double that amount due to the complexity of the repair.

7. Would this be considered a perc repair or a joint repair?

8. It would be a perc. Sorry for the confusion, I poorly worded that. They don't have a set price for a broken perc so I was just giving a comparison to a price they had listed. Compared to the joint, the perc would be at least double the cost to repair (in my opinion). 

Your best bet is to email the pictures of the broken piece to the address they provided and see what they come up with. 

9. Thanks for yalls help as always!

10. If you bought it from ssfg then you can probably ask them to fix it up for you.