Perc bongs

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by Andy2552, Jan 11, 2012.

1. Are they as good as they're made out to be? They seem like they're all the rage now. Would adding a perc to a perc bong be difficult to smoke out of for a beginner?

2. Yes. they are worth while, no it doesn't make things much more complicated.

3. Harder I mean as in to pull the smoke in if we aren't used to smoking a bong? I heard they add like drag or something

4. They usually pull alot easier for me then ones without them, and its always much smoother. Plus it looks fucking badass lol.

5. I heard they add like drag making it harder to smoke it literally. Not complexity haha.

6. [quote name='"zknewman"']They usually pull alot easier for me then ones without them, and its always much smoother. Plus it looks fucking badass lol.[/quote]

Yeah they do look rad. I may have just been misinformed, huh?

7. i would say they don't because without them you have the entire tube of air to pull, maiking it like a block of air, the perc breaks up the air so your pulling less at a time, just a theory though

8. I hate them.

Yes they can deliver smoother hits, but the fact that it takes 2 breaths to clear, is retarded.

When I pull my slide, smoke be gone instant.

9. [quote name='"MaxAmmo"']I hate them.

Yes they can deliver smoother hits, but the fact that it takes 2 breaths to clear, is retarded.

When I pull my slide, smoke be gone instant.[/quote]

If someone coughs a lot when they smoke would percs help them not cough as much even in two breaths?

10. Personally, I love a piece with a nice single perc. If it's made well, the drag isn't bad at all. In fact, my piece from DWB has virtually no drag at all and clears almost instantly. The hit is much smoother than a straight up bong, and I almost never cough.
    I always cough like a bitch, but with a nice perc it's much easier to clear and save myself the coughing fit.

11. Not a fact. That's either down to your own technique, small lung capacity or using prodo-made, narrow percs.

Try a 7/13 Toro on for size - they clear in an instant.

12. If you get a bong made by a high end company or an experienced glassblower percs shouldn't add a terrible amount of drag. Ive heard that the percs in cheap china bongs add a lot of drag.

I personally, would rather have a straight tube with a carbon filter over most straight tubes with percs

13. Percs are nice but people sweat them wayy too hard. All you need is 1 good perc on a tube, be it a nice downstem for a normal tube or something decent like an inline on a stemless. Dont listen to those tards who think bubbling stacking makes a good tube, all it does it take away from the flavor.

14. It has alot to do with the quality of the glass and how it's blown.
    A cheaply made bong with cheaply made percs is obviously going to have more drag than a well made bong with well made percs.

15. the only bad thing about percs is that they make the piece harder to clean.

all else is good, unless they are some shit made china stuff

16. [quote name='"InstaBlaze"']If you get a bong made by a high end company or an experienced glassblower percs shouldn't add a terrible amount of drag. Ive heard that the percs in cheap china bongs add a lot of drag.

I personally, would rather have a straight tube with a carbon filter over most straight tubes with percs[/quote]

What does the carbon filter really do? Will it take away any THC?

17. [quote name='"Tdot Toker"']It has alot to do with the quality of the glass and how it's blown.
    A cheaply made bong with cheaply made percs is obviously going to have more drag than a well made bong with well made percs.[/quote]

I take it black leaf bongs and black leaf percs are cheaply made?

18. Max, that's ludicrous man. Not all bongs with percs take more than one pull to clear.

Maybe if they are some weird Illideph monster with all kinds of coils and other drag inducing features.

But something like a simple SYN showercap clears instantaneously .

19. [quote name='"walterbishop"']

Max, that's ludicrous man. Not all bongs with percs take more than one pull to clear.

Maybe if they are some weird Illideph monster with all kinds of coils and other drag inducing features.

But something like a simple SYN showercap clears instantaneously .[/quote]

I checked out SYN on *** or whatever I googled it and I can't even afford their ash catchers! $200-$600?!

I'm just kind of looking at a new one that will last me if I take care of it, but I can upgrade easily and also can buy a better price and have this one be my back up. Hopefully under $200 for the whole set up with a perc and an extra bowl and all that...