perc bong vs no perc

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by rizzleB, Feb 21, 2012.

1. I was kinda wondering what everybody's opinion on perc bong vs. no perc bong was. Every bong i've ever bought has had at least 2 percs, a diffuser, and an ash catcher. To me this seemed like the best bong i could possibly have gotten in terms of filtration.

But on youtube channels like hashbean420 and trendyasdabbers, they really only use non percolated ROORs. These guys smoke every day and look like they have been doing it for a while. I'd expect a switch to something more filtrated by now.

Is there something about a non perc'd ROOR that I am overlooking or missing from my bongs?

I have heard that putting smoke through water makes the hit less potent by like 3%. Is this being multiplied by the number of percs I had?

2. The more percs, the better.
    Like common sense, the more filtration, the smoother the hit right?

Even though I love drooling over quality glass with insane percs, I can still appreciate an old straight tubed beaker with some ice notches. The ice notches will alone do the job to smooth the hit out a lot when you have a lot of ice in there, so it's not like since there's no other filtration besides the diffuser it's going to be a hit from hell.

I don't really know how to answer your question, and I'm really high so I like typing a lot.

3. A lot of people prefer bongs with no percs because drag is non-existant, but there are plenty of styles of percolator that allow almost as easy of a hit with the added filtration benefits.

4. This is why you need to spend the money for some quality glass.

A swiss perc is dope as shit, but if a monkey blew the glass then it probably wont live up to their $650 price tag.

5. 24 on my bong sort of a drag but smooth hit

6. 3 8 arm tree percs, straight tubed, 5mm?

That's just what I pictured when i read that lol

7. [quote name='"DirtyB"']

3 8 arm tree percs, straight tubed, 5mm?

That's just what I pictured when i read that lol[/quote]

12 tree percs in the ash catch. 1 dome perc and a weird honeycomb like perc with like 11 percs on it

8. I never bought a non perc bong before, atleast one perc and diffuser. In my opinion if you get a non perc bong get a diffuser and an ashcatcher.

9. #9 kliff2004, Feb 21, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 21, 2012
    You need to keep in mind that for some of these people, these video's are their job.

I dont know who hashbean420 is, but I can easily see he gets a shit load of hits on his videos.

If you can get over 10,000 hits on a youtube video consistantly, you can get paid by Youtube.

These people whom have marijuana related series can very well be official partners of the glass they are smoking out of.

Theres a girl on this website that owns the http://www.weedandbombs.com/

And shes an official business partner of grasscity.

And she has consistantly reviewed products she bought from grasscity.

Its not all about the glass, this is a business also.

Now check out my link and vote for my idea to the grasscity shop

I want to get in the top 3, and Im almost there. ^_^

10. I prefer straight tubes because they're easy to clean. When I want to see little bubbles I use my precoolers. It's cool to have the option. I don't smoke anything really harsh that would require all kinds of diffusion. If I really want the most painfree rip possible I'll just load the tube with crushed ice.

11. If I had the money for a nice bong with all kinds of percs i'd go for it.   I've always been just fine and had a great time with a straight tube beaker with some cool water or some ice if my throat is irritated. 

12. I don't know why people think more is always better.  The right amount of filtration is a personal preference.  Too much filtration removes a lot of the taste.  I had a DG, you don't get more bubble stacking than with a frit perc, it's like 1000's of holes compared to 10 or 20 or even 100.  Super smooth, no cough no matter how big the hit....no taste either...that tube sucks IMO.

It's just how goods are sold in the US, the ad is bigger, better...it's BS.  I'm into home theater gear, all these companies quoting ridiculous contrast numbers just because a simpleton can walk into a store and see projector A has 1:10000 contrast while B has 1:1000000.  Only thing here is that companies cheat the hell out of these numbers.  So now bong preference is all about bubble stacking....it's easy to see and compare.  What about the comfort of smoking out of it, the taste, how durable is it, how stable, how dense is the smoke, how airy is it?  There's more to enjoying a water pipe than bubbles.

• Like Like x 1
  13. No Percs, No problems...

Sent from my island getaway.

14. #14 dabKling, Feb 20, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 20, 2014
    I think the OP has a great question and would like to hear more about this topic from the real heads.

Calling marketing BS is cool and all, but also to some degree.....more BS.  We are all on your counter-culture-team so-to-speak(not directed at anybody or particular post, its all great discussion), I'm curious about what the fuck I should spend my hard earned.

Real Head Talk pls!

my only 2cents is:  If I decide to get a flower piece next, my glass guy wants to do an inline. "shrug?"

15. IMO ice>percs, if your getting a bong with a perc make sure there is plenty of space for ice.