Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

perc bong vs no perc

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by rizzleB, Feb 21, 2012.

1. I was kinda wondering what everybody's opinion on perc bong vs. no perc bong was. Every bong i've ever bought has had at least 2 percs, a diffuser, and an ash catcher. To me this seemed like the best bong i could possibly have gotten in terms of filtration.

But on youtube channels like hashbean420 and trendyasdabbers, they really only use non percolated ROORs. These guys smoke every day and look like they have been doing it for a while. I'd expect a switch to something more filtrated by now.

Is there something about a non perc'd ROOR that I am overlooking or missing from my bongs?

2. First, the toking tools section is the best place to ask a question like this. That being said, a lot of the time, it's all about preference. Some people like diffusion. It's not filtering anything more so than just cooling the smoke unless you actually use an inline carbon filter. Some people think diffusion causes too much drag in most places. Take a look at the toking tools section and see all the technology up close.

Good luck!

:bongin:

3. Perc's lead to smoother hits. More drag. Less THC inhaled with more percs, filter's out I'd say %1 THC every perc. It was something like the water in bongs, in general, filter out %3.3 THC.
    (See all that nasty sticky resiny shit on the side on your bong? That resin contains some splashed up THC).
    Butt..without percs, on straight-shooters, you can really taste the tree more. Wayy less drag provides the user with a strong burst of THC into the lungs.
    Quick method of getting rippedddd :smoke:

4. I prefer none of the fancy crap.

It does almost nothing but add drag.

Some people argue it provides smoother hits, so?

If paying for a bong, I go straight tube no extra crap.

If free I'd still get the same bong, unless I could sellthat fancy crap.

5. There you have it, one likes perc, one doesn't. It just depends on what you like and how you hit YOUR bong.

6. That actually tells me a lot because even though it was a big bong, i never really understood why I wasn't getting as high as i usually do. I thought it had something to do with adding too much ice and the cold temperatures messing with the molecules