Peoples general attitude towards vegetarians/eating meat

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by roady05, Jul 31, 2013.

LOL, this get this back on topic.

2. Ok  Topic:
    \tPeople's general attitude towards vegetarians/eating meat 
    Hmmm... generally, indifference I would say.

3.  Okay well, you caught me just in time ;) LOL

4. as long as you aren't all peta in my face about meat and slaughterhouses 24/7 (i know an abundance of vegans that carry this attitude) then i don't care.

5. As a vegetarian, I appreciate you taking the time to write this thread.  I don't go around telling people that eat meat that they are murderers, or anything ridiculous like that, but when some people find out I don't eat meat, it seems to somehow change their opinion of me.  I don't understand it.

6. I don't look down on vegetarians, I look down on the bitch who stares at me with this “You are a horrible person” look while I eat a burger.

Let me do me, and you can do you.

7. #107 SwichOne, Aug 16, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 16, 2013
    Yeah, its all about free will. Ppl need to be free to experience things on their own.....ideas change as a person grows. 

8. I'm a vegetarian since I was 15 and I'm built like a basketball player and I never been more healthy than when I became a vegetarian I became a vegetarian for religious reasons

9. #109 HighFoSho, Aug 17, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 17, 2013

head-plant

10. I don't get why people who eat meat seem to think meat is compulsory for every meal.

11. Well for me..I only eat twice a day and require lots of protein.  Plus it tastes amazing.

12. What about what Joey Tribbiani did on Friends?

He offered to not eat meat for a few months when Phoebe was pregnant and was craving meat. Phoebe could then eat all of his animals and no extra animals would be getting killed.

haha that was funny.

13. Mister Large Shotgun and jumper cables disagrees with you.

That was funny, and made quite a lot of sense too.

15. I'm vegetarian border line vegan I don't eat meat or dairy for sure. I think the problem is that being vegetarian or vegan is different and IMO humans either strongly dislike different or are open to it. I didn't know how serious it was till I changed my diet and ppl are like how do you do it I couldn't live like that when they don't even know how the meat was put on their plate. Since I changed I actually think it's weird seeing ppl eat meat and other bad shit for you like fast food and twinkies. Ppl need to educate themselves on what they put in their body it's like I'm walking around with a bunch of zombies

Sent from my iPod touch using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  16. Like bitcoin?  What's wrong with a one world religion, wouldn't we all be one, or could the religion mean like a worldly government?

Veganism... haven't tried it.  Probably will have to down the road.  I personally believe the most humane way to kill an animal is to give them DMT beforehand, but that's just me.

17. I grow a bad ass garden and eat lots of vegetables but also grow fowl for meat and eggs. I would grow beef and hogs if I had more land.

I do feel a lettuce and tomato sandwich must have bacon!

• Winner Winner x 1
  18. I feel like mostly girls become vegetarian because it's trendy. I know one true vegan and he says the same stuff.

-Join the club

19. I am a vegetarian and believe me, after the sixth year my vagina has fully developed. But that was why I decided to become a vegetarian in the first place.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

20. #120 wolftigerosebud, Nov 29, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 29, 2013
    When you're eating meat, you're taking in the energy of the flesh of the animal that you've eaten. If that animal was raised in chaos, in darkness, in constant pain, then that is the energy you are imbibing. Most animal parts sold in the supermarket belonged to animals who were raised in factories, and unfortunately most of that meat is chock-full of those negative emotional hormones caused by an animal's lifetime of suffering.

When I eat locally-raised, grass-fed meat I swear there's an emotional difference. If I'm already in the habit of eating lots of meat on a daily basis then the difference is too subtle for me to pick up on. But at other times I've noticed it strongly.

I have found no moral problem eating meat. I just realized after I took a break from it for a year that it had been making me feel kinda shitty all along.

My argument for vegetarianism is this: it works better for human bodies. People can be super healthy eating meat, too, granted. But when you subtract that hard-to-digest components from your diet like meat, processed foods, sugars, etc., all the people I've talked to who've done it have said they've noticed how much lighter, more positive, and more energetic they felt.

But if you love meat, eat meat. No reason not to.