Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Peoples experiences with paranoia and weed.

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by SmilaxTheMan, Jul 12, 2015.

1. So 3 months or so into my weed experiment and things are largely going pretty well so far. Most of my experiences have been very positive. I still keep my experiences to 2 days a week, though I get high as a kite for long periods those days. The other 5 days I remain sober. I feel I've gained a lot out of it. I do notice however some paranoid thoughts. The thing is that I have social anxiety to begin with so its extremely difficult for me to know if this is to be blamed on the weed or my normal social anxiety. I'm used to paranoid thoughts from my normal social anxiety even before I started using weed. I'm careful not to smoke around strangers and usually only smoke alone. The paranoid thoughts I have gotten have actually all or mostly been on my sober days. And many of them have more to do with being upset that I make stupid or silly mistakes due to being a little scatter brained / foggy due to being new to weed. Some of them though are of the variety where I think a comment on FB or something may be directed at me, though again my social anxiety will do this to me without he weed. I will back off if it gets worse but I'm wondering is this is at all likely related. I'd hate to have to stop as I've gained a lot of benefit. What kind of experiences do others have?

• Like Like x 1
  2. Yeah I used to be the same way it really all has to do with your mindset. For example, what I used to get worried about was my mom or sis catching me or smelling me smoking, so all negative thoughts would arise from that. But one I realized it was all on my head it went away as I become more comfortable with my smoking. Also in the very beginning I would have similar thoughts about shit like FB posts that really were not directed at me. I am also socially awkward so I can compare to your experiences.

• Like Like x 3
  3. The only reason I get paranoid on weed is because it's illegal in the first place. So if I go get some food or something I'll be a little worried because what happens if I get pulled over? I don't have anything on me but I'm one of those people who get red eyes like crazy.

Now that I stay at home , plan my munchies in advance , I never get paranoid thoughts.

But I've also done lots of unmentionables , and you don't know real paranoia until you've been up for 5 days without sleep.

So weed paranoia is basically non existent to me.

Kind of sucks having a really high physical and mental tolerance to drugs. I have to do quite a bit of anything to really feel "out there". Weed is a soft drug to me and is basically like cracking a beer open after work.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Oh Shit... can u please elaborate on thay experience PLEASE PLEASE

5. The 5 days straight thing? Umm... meth, though I imagine other drugs can have the same effect? I have no interest in any drugs harder than weed to be honest.

6. Yeah I think a lot of it is being new to the experience still. Like you I've also felt better about many of these issues upon realising that most of it is stupid shit that doesn't really matter one way or another. Sometimes I realise that when I smoke up again lol.

7. The first 3 times I smoked I was paranoid bad, my girlfriend practically had to babysit me it was so fucked, I have epilepsy so I was sketching about maybe Id have a seizure and I thought I was having one but then I realized I'm just tripping and never again did I sketch out

• Like Like x 1
  8. #8 LetsTakeDragon, Jul 14, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 14, 2015
    I don't know man it's a drug it can chill me right out and even make my mind race. I've recently been smoking more before I go out now and most of my fears (suprise suprise) turned out to be stupid as hell. I even set up a new bank account stoned AF

9. I do not get paranoid unless I am smoking next to a police station. Now the funny thing is, that if I'm stoned, and I'm in public, and somebody asks me if i'm stoned, I get paranoid and shush them. But if I am sober, I scream out "hell yeah i'm stoned!!" and i don't give AF what anyone thinks lol.

10. for me it just depends how much CBD is in it
    also bein dehydrated, hungry or sleepy can make a high a shit one fast

• Like Like x 1
  11. I have social anxiety as well I only get that additional paranoia while high..but I read somewhere (unsure if this is true) that thc has a shelf-life of 20 hours as in there are real subtle coming down effects most don't notice?

12. Dude I would totally like to talk about it, but I think I am being watched right now.......

13. I have been paranoid several times while high. If I am home alone, I would hear random noises or I would constantly look over my shoulder. I know no one's gonna hurt me, so I laugh it off. Simply because I know paranoia is a side affect of weed at times, but I know it will all be ok.

14. When I am sober, somebody asks me in public if i am stoned, I yell "Hell yeah!! I'm stoned to the eyeballs!". But if I am really stoned, I say "shhhhhhh' and get all paranoid about it. Funny.

15. oh my... this thread explains the struggle of my life man. fuck the paranoia man. i hate it. i have it right now. leaave i wish. maybes its some psychological thing. idk man. i always feel watched too. makes me stop doing things cuz and im sober when it happens. always had it since like 6th grade lol but it may sound bad but idk i can deal with it.