People who only smoke to be "cool"

Discussion in 'General' started by Eteacles, Dec 25, 2012.

1. Does anyone else get incredibly agitated at the fact that people only smoke marijuana to seem cool? Personally I smoke for reason such as back pain, and just to relieve stress. Anyone else with me?

2. Yea but I tend to ignore that shit. No sense in getting worked up over it. Not like I can stop them.

3. Seems like anyone smoking to be "cool" is probably still in Middle/High school.

4. They're kids.. let them be and some of them will burn out, some of them will end up here on GC.

5. I smoke for the relaxing sensation

In public, I like to hold my pax up high in the air and scream "i have the powerr!!!"

6. I don't understand why people are bothered by this. I smoke because I enjoy it. Now the reasons behind other people smoking doesn't concern me one bit. I'm not idly agitated by someone else's rationale behind their toking.

7. nah i dont care why other people toke. Only gotta be concerned with mahself.

8. I only smoke to get in that "cool" state of mind

9. once he got fucked up he becamee that cute little stewie again

10. What does smoking weed to be cool even mean? Do you mean standing there like James Dean with a joint hanging out of your mouth?

Ive never came across a single person that did not like the effects of pot and continued to smoke just to look cool.

If you smoke and you enjoy being high then your not doing it to be cool, your doing it because you enjoy the recreational benefits of it.

11. I think its similar to how people used to smoke cigs to look cool..thanks to that all my friends started smoking scigs and died before me!

In public, I like to hold my pax up high in the air and scream "i have the powerr!!!"

12. i know people that act cool and enjoys the high

13. i don't think i know anyone who smoke for the sole purpose of being "cool"
    that seems like such a waste of money and time.
    anyone who does this is probably 14

14. it's irritating because you can tell how fake they are about it and how they tend to exaggerate the experience.

yea, the last time i smoked with someone like that was last year over winter break with my friends who are still in high school. wasn't even them it was their friend

15. No. I'm talking about people who TRY to look as stoner as possible and TRY to seem like they're badass because they smoke. I didn't mention this but I'm talking about smoking in general, I've met people who like to brag about it to EVERYONE and over exaggerate it so much that you could just tell how fake they are about it. The premise of smoking marijuana should be the love of it, not the use of it because they are solely followers and want to be "in"

16. Yeah I'm sure that many people stating smoking weed to fit in but eventually they found that weed can increase appreciation for music, food, sex, art, nature, sports, movies, God, etc. So who cares why they started?

The real tragedy when someone gets hooked to hard drugs or cigarettes because they wanted to look cool, now they can't stop despite the fact that the habit is completely destructive.

17. Unfortunate how many there are

18. #18 person45, Dec 26, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 26, 2012
    Before i start i would like to sayI'm 18 and approaching my last semester of high school and have had many experiences with this topic. I would consider myself somewhere in between the popular kids and not so popular. My freshmen and part of sophomore year I hated weed. The first time I smoked (mid sophomore year) was alone with my friend and I wasn't a huge fan. The fact that I was chilling with my bro and doing something against the rules made me happier than the actual high. The next time was with a huge group of popular people and ripped a bong 3 times and was stoned off my ass. I would have never been chilling with the popular kids if it weren't for weed so I decided to give it another chance. After that I pretty much only liked weed because it was a "cool" thing to do. However as time went on I started smoking more and more. By now I smoke 1-2 times a week on average and smoke with whoever, sometimes the "cool" kids, but most of the time just my close friends or by myself. I could care less popularity and do it for the relaxed feeling and to relieve stress and have fun. I know this is a rant but my point is I originally did it to be cool and that's what formed the relationship I have with weed today. Without that initial "cool" factor, I probably wouldn't be sitting here on GC right now, and I would have no idea what weed is truly about.

19. I smoke weed because I like to get high.

Getting high is awesome.

20. I got you, marijuana is truly a miracle plant.