People who only care about the second amendment

Discussion in 'General' started by thelizardkin, Apr 26, 2013.

1. Why is the second amendment the only one people seem to care about these days? I'm constantly bombarded with posts saying that the Boston marathon bomber should be tortured and sent to Guantanamo bay without trial and that muslums shouldn't be allowed here. These same people whenever gun control of any kind is brought up. They're so hypocritical

2. I definitly hear you on this. But its a very important amendment. If tht single amendment wasnt around we would already be a communist country. Defendin yourself and your famiky is very important in my eyes if we were not aloud to bear arms there would be no way someone could legally defend themselves in a life threatening situation

But i really do see where your comin from. It seems as though people forget sumtimes we have many amendments that make us free .

Also i feel as if the govt and media directly attacked the second amendment where as they try and not make it so direct when infringing on other rights

3. They have created laws that go against your constitution and nobody has fuck all to say about it!

4. ^^^lol its so sad that this is true. The govt is quite good at making loopholes that allow them to disregard our rights

5. First of all I feel it is ignorant to feel that the second amendment is the only thing that it is important at the moment or at all... The government and world at a whole is great at pushing situations such as Boston on the masses without question. Obviously the government and world as a whole is trying to deter our eyes onto other situations And propAganda they refuse to admit to.

6. I'm from Australia and I honestly cannot comprehend the obsession that many Americans I see on the internet have with the second amendment. That constitution was made over 200 years ago, but people still try to apply it to modern society. Back when the document was conceived they did not have power semi automatic weapons with enlarged magazines for more rounds. Most would have only had a single shot musket or flintlock pistol.
    How can gun lobbyists continue their arguments despite all the mass shootings. I pretty sure there have been upwards of 50 mass murders involving guns in the last 20 odd years in america.

I found this video on this page really funny and made some good points

John Oliver, The Daily Show and John Howard Debunk 'The Myth of Gun Control' - Pedestrian TV

Anyway, each country to their own. I'm just glad I get to live in Australia and don't feel the need to own a gun for my protection. Stay safe blades.

7. There may have not been semi-auto or high powered assault rifles back then, but back then there once was a nation called Great Britain. They treated us unjustly, and for that we rebelled against them using simply our hunting rifles. The second amendment was thought up at a time where a nation's own government was trying to stifle them and control them. It was made, so that if it happens again, we will have the means to set things right and the way they need to be. It was made so that if the possibility of us ever gettign invaded comes true, we will be able to fight back.

But anyways in interest of the thread, a lot of our rights are being stepped all over right before our eyes, but the majority refuses to see it. Or they simply don't see it as wrong. These people are the ones that have been brainwashed by all the propaganda, and TV. They're the ones with the minds of sheep, and simply follow where they are lead.

In my honest opinion the three most important rights we have as Americans, are the right to free speech, the right to bear arms, and the right to privacy. Out of those three none should have a higher priority than the other. To me they all hold equal value in protecting ourselves from our own protection.

However, the second amendment is probably the most vital as it gives us a way to fight back. It keeps us from being helpless as an evil and tyrannical government controls our nation. It allows us to rebel against those that are feared most in this country, and set things right and the way they need to be.

8. #8 Dfac364, Apr 26, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 26, 2013
    People dont really care about the second amendment, I mean dont get me wrong we have a serious gun culture in America and we almost always have however the only reason people care about it now is because its the new "thing" all these people complaining about imaginary plots to take away their guns just a few months back were complaining about abortion and gay marriage without a peep about gun rights which have always been under scrutiny, they just follow the media

On a side note to Unknown toker though the idea of the second amendment when it was written at least as i see it as a provision to ensure that the people are capable of keeping the government in its place, same reason we have free speech, same reason we have the right to vote. I know strict gun laws worked great in Australia and i think we need stricter ones here in regards to making sure that the people who purchase fire arms are actually allowed to own one. However most people have been stirred up into thinking that president Obama is going to go door to door taking away our guns and screwing our wives by the retarded Tea party and NRA lobbyist who care more about sales figures than public safety

9. Should freedom of speech apply to radio, television and the Internet or only paper since that was around 200 years ago?

I'll just leave this here.
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OyS3CEIbpJo]Gun Control - Watch What Happens When Guns Are Banned. - YouTube[/ame]

11. The dude didn't say all of it was bad. But yeah, it was a long ass time ago. You know, slaves were still legal back them. So we should bring that back right? I mean the constitution didn't ban it back then.

Besides, aren't we the only country that doesn't change ours every 20 years or so? A re-write is long, long overdue.

12. Your perspective is entirely fucked, and reeks of social engineering. Bro, time doesn't matter. If the constitution was written 1000 fucking years ago, the "changing times" argument would still be a giant fallacy! Human nature doesn't change. History repeats itself, as we our about to witness when Americans hand their guns over and then get their shit handed to them. Classic.

Everyone needs self-defense.

13. /facepalm

To the aussie who questioned the constitution being two hundred years old.

Its a "living document" meaning it can be amended through the proper votes. Many of the amendments are tailored to more modern society.

14. #14 lightnup, Apr 26, 2013
    The constitution has a provision for change, its called an amendment!

15. Someone didn't pay attention in freshman History...

16. The base of it is still there. It needs to be completely thrown out and re-written.

17. not many of the other amendments are being blatantly attacked nonstop. To any dolts that dont acknowledge that its being attacked please move out from that rock your living under. Some of these idiots wont be happy until the only legal gun your allowed to own is a simple .22(of course with only a 5 round capacity).

Well freedom of speech panders to dumb cunt soccer moms and the easily offended a little bit but for the most part that ones still intact. FCC should be abolished and the propaganda spewing news channels could use a little more checks and balances with the power they wield in forming the masses opinions.

I stopped cringing and getting sad every time an australian/brit/european speaks with a strong opinion on firearms. 9 times out of 10 those types of people are beyond brainwashed on this subject. Its actually kind of hilarious how terrified british/australian people have been conditioned to feel about firearms.

ohhhh look a british person with a strong opinion on gun control. You dont see them often.

but yeh i for one welcome our nanny/police state overlords. ALL HAIL BRITAIN.

18. No. It's the fact that their countries aren't only a few hundred years old. They grew the fuck up. America? Yeah, not going to anytime soon.

19. I don't want people like Bloomberg et al anywhere near the constitution!

20. #20 bwood, Apr 26, 2013

grew the fuck up being....

please humor me.

tell me how criminals obey the law haha please do im waiting. :laughing:

no really PLEASEEEEE ELABORATE. I know good comedy and if you genuinely elaborate, it will be hilarious so go on now lets hear it.