People who don't vote.

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by Runningw235, Mar 26, 2012.

1. Has anyone else noticed a trend on here in political threads of people who complain a lot, but don't take the time to vote? It's pretty sad, actually.

Regardless of whether or not you agree with how our government works, it's the only one we've got. The fact that the government does things many of us do not agree with, and works in ways contrary to some our political ideals is not a good enough reason to not participate, IMO.

There are so many government conspiracy threads filled with people who are outraged, but I guess not outraged enough to register to vote.

I know certain local and statewide elections have had fraudulent voting take place, but I don't think that excuses you from not voting either.

If you're too lazy to vote, fine. But shut the hell up about how horrible politicians and the government are when you don't vote, and have never written a letter expressing your discontempt to your local politicians. Don't just be a keyboard warrior.

2. When all parties ultimately are ruled by the same organisation/family/elite. There is not much distinction between any of them. Why vote if it is going to make no difference whatsoever to anything to do with the country? At the end of the day the Rothschild Zionists still control america no matter what puppet is president or what party is in charge.

Democracy has failed the american people and along with the banking system first and foremost, is destroying the world. Voting dose not accomplish anything, if we really want to see a change in this country then we need to do ALOT more than just voting because the people who are really in charge (the 1%) will still be on top no matter who's in power. Wake up people, freedom comes from within!!

:smoke:

3. #3 Cottonmouth 85, Mar 26, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 26, 2012
    Don't worry about the nonsensical BS posted above me.

There are completely legitimate reasons not to vote. I'll explain.

I'm probably a bit older than most of you but my generation (going on 30 year olds) were poisoned from voting in droves after the first GW Bush election when Al Gore lost due to the electoral colleges.

You see like where I am, being in a state that won't go blue EVER. My vote quite literally does not count. If it went towards a total, popular vote, where who ever had the most votes wins I'd be all about it.

But the fact of the matter is, unless you live in a swing state, if you are of the minority party in your state your vote does not matter. All you will get out of voting is jury duty. Here is some C/p from wiki so I don't have to write so much.

"The Electoral College's existence is controversial. A 2001 Gallup article noted that "a majority of Americans have continually expressed support for the notion of an official amendment of the U.S. Constitution that would allow for direct election of the president" since one of the first-ever public polls on the matter in 1944, and Gallup found no significant change in 2004. Critics argue that the Electoral College is archaic, inherently undemocratic and gives certain swing states disproportionate influence in selecting the President and Vice President.Presidential electors are selected on a state-by-state basis, as determined by the laws of each state. Generally (with Maine and Nebraska being the exceptions), each state appoints its electors on a winner-take-all basis, based on the statewide popular vote on Election Day. Although ballots list the names of the presidential candidates, voters within the 50 states and Washington, D.C. actually choose electors for their state when they vote for President and Vice President. These presidential electors in turn cast electoral votes for those two offices. Even though the aggregate national popular vote is calculated by state officials and media organizations, the national popular vote is not the basis for electing a President or Vice President.
    A candidate must receive an absolute majority of electoral votes (currently 270) to win the Presidency. If no candidate receives a majority in the election for President, or Vice President, that election is determined via a contingency procedure in the Twelfth Amendment,"

Its a bullshit system and being in a backwards ass Red state with hardly any democrats it is quite literally a pointless endeavor for me a Democrat to vote in the state of Louisiana. My vote does not count here. It is literally worth nothing to anyone in a presidential election.

4. Thanks man, glad you considered what I had to say and came up with a reasonable, non-offensive completely justified and considerate response...

5. Currently, I am not registered to vote.

The year I turned 18, there was not a Presidential Election. I dont live in my home state at the moment (away for school). But I am registering to vote for the primaries and for this election.

I dunno, I just really didnt care too much about my local elections and Illinois is so fucked up anyway. Just gonna move out of that ass backwards state.

6. The electoral college decides who is President. Not the popular vote, therefore it is a waste of time. Besides when you live in a country where you only have two choices, one being a douche and the other being a turd sandwich, both being corporate backed, police state inclined, and economically inept how pumped up can you be that your vote really makes a difference?

7. Illinois politics is so blatantly corrupt its fucking pathetic.

8. Hence why I dont vote. It will literally not a make difference. Chicago runs the fucking state.

9. Ask your average American what Illinois capital is and 95% will say Chicago:D

10. your vote counts. LOL

11. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f_Rg-V_Bt4s]David Icke - Illuminati Bloodlines Manipulating Reality (The Lizard of Oz) 2 of 2 - YouTube[/ame]

12. I will never vote

All the reasons have already been stated. Your vote ultimately means jack shit and I don't wanna get jury duty.

Fuck the government and their forms. I didnt fill out the cencus either, what a crock of shit that is.

These mother Fuckers gave me my social security card. They know how much I make a year, they know pretty much everything about me. Fuck you if you want me to fill out your god damn for and mail it in. I say suck my balls

That's what I told they guy who came and tried to get me to do it too :smoke:

13. If you don't think there is a HUGE difference between say for instance, candidate Santorum, and Obama, you have a barely tenable grasp on American politics and I don't consider you worth arguing with. I did consider your argument. I considered it retarded and didn't bother to address it just like a comment on the Illumanati, 9/11 being planned, or whatever other nonsense frequently litter otherwise decent threads.

There are plenty of good reasons not to vote. Because there is no difference between Obama and Santorum is however not one of them. Nor is it that the Illumunati rule the world. Its nonsense and I'd tell anyone not to bother reading the opinions of the people who hold them.

14. [quote name='"Cottonmouth 85"']

If you don't think there is a HUGE difference between say for instance, candidate Santorum, and Obama, you have a barely tenable grasp on American politics and I don't consider you worth arguing with. I did consider your argument. I considered it retarded and didn't bother to address it just like a comment on the Illumanati, 9/11 being planned, or whatever other nonsense frequently litter otherwise decent threads.

There are plenty of good reasons not to vote. Because there is no difference between Obama and Santorum is however not one of them. Nor is it that the Illumunati rule the world. Its nonsense and I'd tell anyone not to bother reading the opinions of the people who hold them.[/quote]

Really?

Well good sir why don't you tell me the difference between those 2 douchebags.

There isn't one. You're basically trading one pile of shit for another slightly different smelling pile of shit. It's not like things will be different, it doesn't matter who is the president

15. #16 Jazzyj, Mar 26, 2012
    [quote name='"TheDankDude"']
    Hence why I dont vote. It will literally not a make difference. Chicago runs the fucking state.[/quote]

Precisely why I didn't vote in the last presidential election. We're Obama's "home" state, and consistently vote democrat anyway. Of course he was going to win.

I rarely if ever vote. But I can honestly say I don't bitch and whine about the government either. I'm just along for the ride. Whatever happens with our government is going to happen regardless of what I do, so I don't waste time caring about it.

This man speaks the truth.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fOaCemmsnNk&sns=em[/ame]

http://www.comedycentral.com/video-clips/y12r4o/futurama-c-span9-debate

16. #17 Cottonmouth 85, Mar 26, 2012
    Okay for starters how about all of the stuff aimed at women right now that all of the Republican candidates support and Obama is against? The forced inter vaginal wands for instance. Just one example of many.

So you think there is no difference in a man that wants to force women to have a object pointlessly inserted inside their vagina against their will with no purpose other than being used to embarrass and to try and dissuade women from having a procedure that is protected by a Supreme Court ruling in this country?

Or how about in Alabama where a woman tried to commit suicide and her unborn baby died, but she didn't, and now she is being tried for murder? Do you think that would happen in a Blue state?

If you don't think there is a difference between the two parties you don't know your ass from a hole in the ground, and learning about Illumunati isn't going to help matters.

This case wasn't in alabama, it was Indiana, but there are numerous examples of exactly what I cited. Here is one. These type of rulings have happened in the states of Utah, Alabama, Mississippi, Iowa and South Carolina. Notice anything in common? They are all primarily Red states and these rulings were pushed through by Republicans. Duh.
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2011/apr/15/woman-attempted-suicide-pregnant-accused

17. clearly you have been gullible enough to believe that the two parties are different, and that the people running for president are anything more than descendants of our reptilian ancenstors. Republicans and democrats alike are controlled by the elites.. America is just another corporation in the club.

1:10 obama speaks of his reptilian brain

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X2rQE2q_2kA]Real Reptilians - Obama speaks of REPTILIAN BRAIN on THE VIEW! - YouTube[/ame]

18. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LoMbCpzBD-A]Shocking Interview P12 - YouTube[/ame]

19. #20 Cottonmouth 85, Mar 26, 2012
    I would like to thank you for posting that. It really only furthers my point of why I suggested that nobody bother reading the opinions of such ignorant people. Because once you get a bit further into it they start talking about shit like that it really comes out how truly confused and ignorant people with your beliefs are.

The reason I'm glad you posted that is because often you go through half an hour of debate with someone before they say something so obviously out of touch with reality that you realize what a waste of time it was talking to them.

When you go straight to the reptile stuff it saves everyone a lot of time from thinking they might have been able to impart to you some basic level of understanding of the world around them using logic and reason. The reptile stuff cuts to the chase and puts a nail in that coffin. So thank you for getting to brass tacks sir. My hat is off to you.

Edit**

Why did you delete that second link? that was the best one. Put that back up for me if you don't mind.