People who don't understand...

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by bkadoctaj, Jul 12, 2009.

1. This is Spirituality And Philosophy... for those of us who consider ourselves to be spiritual beings and for those of us interested in discussion of that which is beyond the "scientifically known and knowable". We are not all here to debate, some of us are simply here to share. It may be possible to competitively debate spirituality, but I believe cooperative acceptance and understanding is a better mode for getting something out of the ideas of others especially when they come from the deeper, formless core I would call the spirit, which guides all action in the physical human form. (If you disagree, keep reading.)

I don't know how many pro-rationalists (this particular group of self-identifiers in particular) to whom I've had to stress that I don't want to argue. I'm fine with the life I'm living, and personally, I consider it to be wholly spiritual. You all may not understand the way I live or the words I say, but it does not mean they are nonsense.

"Just take what's yours and there'll be no fuss or fight." - Peter Tosh

A.k.a. you've got your perspective, I've got my perspective. To each one of us, ours is totally real and legitimate. I'd even go so far as to say you can't change anyone else unless you can first change yourself, so let's see if you can get that far, hmmm?

For those of you who wish to regulate what others do and to force others into corners of logic based on your own faith in science and the official, established "facts"... welcome to the Science And Nature part of the boards. :) There you can have a field day and find people who disagree to agree with you.

I truly don't mind if you disagree with what I'm saying, but if you think you're going to change my mind about something through passive-aggressiveness rather than a spiritual connection of true depth, you would be wrong. Transparent behaviors such as the following: telling me I should open a science book, go back to middle school to study science, or characterizing what I say as nonsense but leaving out the complete explanation of why you feel that way... those are all ineffective means of touching bkadoctaj's or any truly spiritual being's core.

Call this whatever you want: a rant, a statement of intent, bkadoctaj being bkadoctaj, nonbeing being being, or whatever...

But read my words and take them in before you start typing your witty response.

Love,
    bkadoctaj

P.S. I know some of you feel me. In this place I have made many new friends, and I cherish my connections with everyone I've met on here. My best discussions have been with those individuals who were willing to share and listen without judgment. I'm just saying it doesn't always have to be an argument when you say something.

2. Thank you for sharing :)

3. Thank you as well for being understanding of what I was trying to say. :)

We really already have all we need: LOVE. Now can we share our bounty? :p

4. #4 Tuk2, Jul 12, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 12, 2009
    I understand youre underlying message but I think you have to take something into consideration. Were all just a pool of random knowledge and experience (some with much more to offer than others) and it takes alot to jump into this section of the boards. Its the only one with substance, definition and lacking childish banter. However, when youre messing with theories and beliefs objectional conversation is bound to arise. As long as it doesnt get personal theres no problem with bending theories, thats how circles are formulated.

Keep it real, and sign into aim more.

5. Here's something that'll interest you, if you have the patience.

Yea

6. great post! I've been getting real sick of people coming into someones thread only to start arguing the rationality of something when that was never the point to begin with. The posts here aren't meant for debate imo, and are a place to spread ideas, philosophies and experiences. If i wanted a scientific or logical debate of some sort, i'd post my experiences in the science forum rather than S&P.

7. #7 AK Infinity, Jul 12, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 12, 2009
    Great post bkadoctaj, a point I've tried to stress over the years but for whatever reason people still come here to be ignorant and disruptive. The forum description is very clear about what goes here but some blades either have a hard time with reading and comprehension or are just interested in proving how rational their world is.

It's called "spirituality" and "philosophy" for a reason. Sometimes people just want to come here and post about their experiences not to debate every point of their belief system until they are blue in the face. Many of us--including the rational ones--live in ways that are probably not easily justifiable to others whether religion is a component or not, but that's precisely the point, people shouldn't have to justify their lives to anyone else, especially if they aren't hurting anyone.

We now have a science forum which is a perfect place to go completely rational if one chooses, just please blades allow others the right to believe as they see fit.

Stay green all.

8. Yeah I agree whole heartedly. Science is like a great tool for discovery, but if used improperly it can enslave us. It is always the wolf in sheeps clothing always the conman. Now we have these interest groups who pose as our priests because they are scientists, it is absolutely disgusting. If humanity has any chance at all, we gotta get spiritual with shit, you feel me, science ain't gonna do it, Im sorry all you atheists.

9. The funniest thing to me, which I am actually smiling at realizing now, is that I was opposed to the original split between Spirituality And Philosophy and Science And Nature forums. Now I'm glad that the two can be happy on the same website in their own corners. :)

10. Sometimes the common good is realized with two separate but equal forums. :D

11. This is true.

:D

12. Sad part is that my guess is that most people who are closed minded will briefly skim your post and then flame you for it.

But if your anything like me, your used to it, and embrace it.

13. This, too, will pass.

But we're here together now.

And that's a miracle of freedom if I've ever known one.

14. You're a good guy :smoke:

15. Anyone who says that sincerely is too.

You can't make anyone happy unless you are. :)

Thanks for your loving words.

16. maybe im used to the shroomery but this forum seems pretty quiet on the antispiritualrant side of things, ive only had 2 posts where people have tried to debunk what im saying, the rest has been sweet!

really, in truth, anyone that goes against spirituality can't be comfortable in their own skin, thats why they're getting so many ruffled feathers about it, in a way the physical is the most spiritual as its what we can recognize the spiritual through, so to deny the spirituality of the physical is to deny ones own Being!
    Not in any way can i see that as a joyful state, there must be suffering if you fight against your own Self...

So in a way the debate is good because they are exaughsting their suffering & will eventually turn within to truth

17. #17 ArgoSG, Jul 13, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 13, 2009
    I guess I really have two questions then.

1)I find great enjoyment debating on this forum. Are we allowed to ask people questions about the spirituality they share here?

2) I often say or imply what someone claims on this forum is nonsense. Are we allowed to criticize the claims people make in this forum?

18. #18 NFloyd2357, Jul 13, 2009

to an extent. But i know a lot of your dry, satirical, sarcastic and condescending comments definitely go without welcome in S&P. The good vibes need to be kept

19. #19 ArgoSG, Jul 13, 2009
    Any advice on how can I keep the good vibes while having the freedom to insist that it appears what someone claims is utter horse crap? I don't really want to be in a position where this is the only comment left for me to make. I love discussing spirituality and philosophy. To me this thread, in summary, appears to be saying:

"Stop disagreeing with me and leave me alone."

20. True good vibes have no opposite, they cant be interferred with or hidden by doubts

Welcome the haters, they are only forms of yourself lost in the illusion