People who advocate economic policies who don't know anything about economics

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Gooch_Goblin69, May 15, 2010.

1. And the award for most pointless thread goes to: THIS ONE

this is a weed forum with a politics section - what did you all expect to happen?

Also, if you buy bread and milk - you have as much right to have an opinion on econmics. In fact - everyone has a right to have and opinion on anything. That my freinds - is what freedom is.

having said that - I remember a quote I read awhile ago:

Opinions are like shit. everyones has one and they general all smell bad.

2. Alright, so if global conglomerates can manually influence the stock market can they have an effect on a country's entire economy? For example could a corporation like Disney have a say in all the input/output of the country?

I dunno what I'm asking... I guess I wanna know what economics springs from today. I mean if you could analyze patterns over the years couldn't eventually corporations utilize that to fabricate an economy (of course helped by paying off the government) by initiating trends?

3. Not "shit"... Opinions are like "assholes"...

4. No, but Disney, GE, Westinghouse, Viacom, TimeWarner and Murdoch can. They control the media, they control thought.

They can't control all of it, but enough to have a significant impact on an economy and economic policy.

That's what they do. The Federal Reserve and congress drive up price bubbles, the corporations that lobbied for them all ride it to the top, and then they all bail at the same time.

So long as capitalism is swiftly blamed this process can be repeated until the currency collapses.

5. Opinions are like assholes, some of them stink while others are full of shit.

6. Hmm. Ingenious. :smoking:

So what's the best way to subvert that process, besides ending the Federal Reserve? We would have to alternate our spending patterns and savings practices, no? Or does it not make a difference?

7. Not really, people are just morons. This same practice has been going on for centuries.

Give me control of a nation's money and I care not who makes her laws. - Mayer Amschel Rothschild

What needs to be done is common sense, which leads me to believe that the men in power are evil. At this point we're really up shit creek, but the sooner we bite the bullet the better.