People that use internet explorer are dumb.

Discussion in 'Silicon (v)Alley' started by Smotpoking, Jul 29, 2011.

1. chrome here

2. Pakistan here

3. HEY! ME USES TEH ITRANETZ 'SPLORERZ!!

Naw, firefox or bust

4. i use google chrome/firefox but don't believe everything you read on the net

5. I think the same study showed that people like me are the smartest, us opera users.

6. Chrome all day son fuck IE and FF!

PS and opera mini on my droid!

7. I like how there is an implication here that IQ determines how smart you are. It only determines how easily you're able to learn. If you don't utilize your potential, you're still an idiot.

I also like how this creates elitism between something that is so incredibly meaningless. Come on guys, what browser you choose really doesn't reflect your intelligence. No more than your choice to pick a Nikon camera over a Canon. Get real.

8. Great thread title. Firefox here.

9. So I finally clicked the link. Its total bs. people don't use browsers based on IQ. Does that mean only people with a certain IQ can buy macs? Since safari is specific to macs? Granted it might show a perceived trend, such as IE is for people who aren't tech savy and don't download alternatives, drawn by a guy who likes opera.

If you like this pseudo-statistics, check out graphjam.com, or whatever it is. It has a bunch of people uploading graphs that try to show a point, but as illogical as it gets

10. A persons IQ is based on their ability to store and process information.

Ie isnt really any worse than ff or chrome, it just gets a bad rap because the bulk of computer users still use it and quite frankly the bulk of computer users are morons when it comes to computers.

Safari isnt mac specific, they made it available for windows pcs years ago.

As far as the article, complete bs. Reminds me of one of my favorite qoutes. " There are three types of lies: Lies, damn lies, and statistics."

Take any question you want, and a good statistical person can verify any answer you want.

11. The fact that every pc based computer comes with ie installed is definitely a large part of why it gets a bad rap. From grandma who thinks her cd is a drink holder to rednecks that cant even spell pc, most of them use ie simply because it came on their computer. But when something goes wrong, of coarse it has to be microsofts fault.

12. :d:d:d

13. Ok, but who would actually download that? If they download it while getting quicktime, maybe. But IE is mostly for people who don't know how to download alternate browsers. And if someone does know how, why the hell would they get safari? Exactly, they would opt to get something good instead.

I have used every major browser currently available, but I always come back to ff. Why, because I developed add ons for it before. I am comfortable with it. Sure, chrome or opera may be faster, but this is what works for me

14. Good is subjective. I consider FF to be the best. Is my opinion wrong? Definitely not. Is it necessarily right? Definitely not.

The best browser is the browser that works best for you. So for some IE may be it, for others, Opera, Safari, etc... You even mentioned that you stick with one browser because you're comfortable with it. You like it. It works for you. There is no reason why another browser (however dumb to you) isn't that way for someone else. Hence why this whole statistic and elitism over what browser is truly the best, is pretty ridiculous.

15. The only reason IE is popular at all is because it comes pre-loaded on Windows.

People who want Firefox or Chrome or Opera, need to actually download it and install it. So, that's one big difference.

I don't think anybody mentioned that Firefox is the 'phoenix' of Netscape. This point may not seem significant unless you've been using the Internet for a decade or more. Anyway, what I'm getting at is that Firefox is the open source version of Netscape. Now you see what open source does for a dead codebase like Netscape.

Chrome is corporate owned. Just like IE. However, I've found that Chrome is a good browser. Perhaps Chrome is even superior to Firefox, but I haven't adopted Chrome, because I'm still used to Firefox.

I won't comment on Opera, because I haven't used for about 10 years.

16. chrome head over here! explorer is wakk...and slow.

17. I use chrome, firefox, or opera depending on which pc I am on. They are all about the same to me. Ie is ok, but I never liked safari. My windows 7 pc and laptop run chrome, have an old tablet that works best with opera, a new tablet that runs firefox under linux, and chrome on my imac. Overall I prefer chrome, but that doesnt really make it better, just the one I like. Which one runs the best depends on the hardware and OS they are running.

18. Yup.
    Perfect title thread, I hate when I'm watching someone use a computer or I'm on theirs and they use IE as a default browser. Drives me crazy, yeah chrome / safari and a few others are decent. But firefox has and always will hold it down !

19. Chrome is the way to go, if you ask me.:hello: