People that Live In California

Discussion in 'General' started by Vv BOB SAGET vV, Apr 26, 2011.

1. What is the best, cheapest place to move? Me and 4 of my friends are moving there once we all have about 1500 saved up. How hard will it to be to find jobs? I have ADD, so how hard will it be to get a mmj card? And what all will i need to do to get prepared for the move? Any help will be appreciated.

And for all you managers, or business owners, if you can offer me a job, you can PM me. (;

2. If you thinking California is some type of eoutopia of weed and babes , its wrong sort of just like any other city with Medical Weed.. Just stay in PA and save up.

3. #4 Vv BOB SAGET vV, Apr 26, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    I hate this shithole. I need to move out of my parents place and pa. California is a different way of live supposively. I'm tired of being told how to live and shit, and I can be away from mostly everyone I know here and get away from all the drama.

4. Haha yeah isn't that the truth.

5. you might need more than 1500 man, just sayin

6. #7 StayHighAllDay, Apr 26, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 26, 2011

7. #8 Vv BOB SAGET vV, Apr 26, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    1500 each, 5 of us. That's 7500. Enough or a few month rent, gas, food, furniture and bills. We are splitting cost of everything.

8. I would suggest 7500 each...

9. Hahaha putting all your money into a pot splitting everything but living together? Ill give your squad two months. That 7500 will be gone..

10. lol yeah $7500 total is wayy too low for 5 people that need to eat and wipe their ass. California sucks just like every other state in the US and on top of that it's ridiculously expensive. I suggest you look at some other states such as Oregon or dip outta the US and go to Canada. Seriously though if you guys only have $7500 it's only gonna last 3 months max.. Unless you move to a somewhat ghetto city like Hawthorne or Inglewood. Also what part were you thinking about? Northern or Southern? I can only vouch for socal but I imagine it's just as expensive up north especially by San Francisco and Sacramento.
    goose luck :smoke:

11. Move to Canada weed will be legal soon

12. what about fresno?

13. Stay the hell away from Fresno unless you like meth. Its seriously one of the worst citys ever. Obviously I would suggest some where around humboldt but there is very few jobs around any where really. Again, stay away from Fresno and Modesto.

14. i would really say to save up more money, due to the fact that i would not count on jobs as soon as you arrive in california. like someone said above, california has a LOT of unemployment.

rent is also pretty pricey, but can be found cheaper in areas of california, however, the "California dream" or typical pictured life of california is not usually anywhere to be found in a lot of the areas which have much cheaper rent and utilities. also, consider the security deposit of an apartment or condo. it is usually the price of a months rent. and rent for 5 people would probably be at least a two or three bedroom place, so figure upwards of at least $1000+ per month(and, it will just about always be a bit over $1000), but it really depends on the area. but figure, $2,000 at the very least would be down for first and last months rent. also, how is you and your friends credit? with poor or no credit, expect it to be harder to find places who will be willing to rent to you, especially with no job when first applying for the apartment lease. it also makes employment opportunities harder with poor credit, as well as out of state references to jobs. most people are moving out of california, not to california at this time.

also, you would not be able to get a mmj card right away either. you need to be a state resident, and have a california id or drivers license. i am not sure how long you must reside in a state to be a resident. i know for schooling purposes of having to not pay an out of state fee, it is one year, but i don't know about to just become a resident and get a california id. but, figure at least around a month if you were to go today to the dmv and were able to get a ca id/dl in order to receive the id in the mail. temporary paper id's are't accepted at mmj clinics or dr's offices to obtain your recommendation

15. To be a resident it takes 3 months I believe.