people need to learn to drive

Discussion in 'General' started by permafrying, Apr 4, 2008.

1. i was drivin by miccy d's on my way home about an hour ago and theres some side streets that turn into the main one and some fuck head ran the stop sign when i was just before the street so i had to come to a complete stop so i wouldnt hit this guy.

pointless thread but just somethin that pissed me off

2. I know what you mean

I was on the highway last night on my way home from work. I'm in the left lane of a two-lane stretch going about 80 mph. Some asshole in an SUV decides to come into my lane about twenty feet in front of me while he's driving about 50 mph. I have to jam on my brakes to avoid rear-ending this idiot. What the fuck, people?

3. What kind of car was it?

4. no idea, i think it was red though:D why?

5. He thinks it was me.

6. it seems that lately people are driving more and more like assholes.

7. ahahaha I live in massachusetts im used to that shit

8. Younger and younger generations have less and less respect, less respect for people around them, less respect for them selfs and less respect for the laws that bind us.

When you put them in a big mechanical piece of equipment that can easily kill or mame someone or them selfs it seems ludicrous to me, standards for driving need to be higher, you shouldn't be able to drive until your 21, sorry for the kiddys who want to drive, need to drive what ever, get a bike and peddle. I also think you should only be allowed to drive until your in your 70's after that yearly you should have to get a test done to determen if its safe for you to drive or not.

Not that older people aren't just as guilty but 9/10 when someone pulls out in front of me its a young chick or dude on a cell phone looking at me like I'm an asshole when shes/hes running stop signs looking down at the floor.

I thought about selling my car and getting a bike but with the way people drive I feel alot safer having a big car in between me and them than a bicycle.

If you want to drive then do it like a responsible citizen otherwise bugger off.

9. even worse is people who stop when there isnt a stop sign. oh shit man if i was in charge there'd be GO signs all over the place. and they YELL go at you

10. Why? I see plenty of assholes in their 40's and 50's driving horribly.
    Age is irrelevant, as far driving skills you are no more mature at 19 then you are at 50.

11. I;m 20 and I actually drive really well but even more carefully when Im High... I actually put on my seatbelt, make a complete stop @ a stop sign, at time think every car is a cop car :D etc. Great thing Im high 85% of the day if not I'd be killing all these cuban refugess that drive like there rowing a boat with a crazy engine.

12. True plenty of 21 year old males are still as mature as when they where 18 but I would like to think by the age of 21 you could at least have learned respect for people around you and yourself.

I see plenty of younger kids drive responsibly but generally I see more kids driving with a lack of respect than adults, personal experience.

Maybe just better test for driving? I know the test in my town is really easy to pass.

My little sister is 19 and can't drive worth a damn, she got her license, first time I drove with her she asked me if she should stop at that stop sign up ahead.....

13. I totally agree, most people these days have no respect or concern for others around them.

14. People basically don't recognize that driving is life and death.

15. exactly.

when i first started smoking i couldnt go over 35 mpg to save my life,

id be in a 45 zone and be like "whoaaaaa people we need to all just slow down. we are in a half ton peice of steel here, lets just all just cool our jets."

16. Yea, i fucking hate stupid drivers, way to many out here in the bay. Every day i get cut off or very close to being side swiped.

Just the other day, i was on the freeway and i was switching lanes, i had my blinker on for a good minute or so while i checked if it was clear. As soon as i start pulling into the lane, some douchebag from the other lane was trying to merge into the same one as me. I was doing about 80 and the car in front of me was going so slow, i had to cut in between them because this guy didn't stop and the dude in front of me was going way too slow for me to hit the brakes and not hit him.....

17. Everyone always tells me ot be safe...I cant help the idiot drivers out there. I hate the freaking city!!!!!!!!!!

18. Yea but thats cause ur from jersey and you know how we like to drive around here.

19. psht jersy may be bad, but at least 2 out of 3 people arent driving on the phone

20. Yeah, I just moved to Virginia, Virginia drivers seem to suck so far. Within a few weeks of moving here, I was rear ended, smashing my new car. His insurance paid to fix it, but that's not the point, I had just bought that car a few weeks earlier. I don't know what I'm trying to say, because I'm really stoned.