Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

People in the medical field, I need some help please

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by ApatheticAlchemist, Jul 8, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Okay, so a bit of background first. I've wanted to be a doctor since I was like 5. It started out as a silly kid dream that most grow out of, but the older I've gotten the more I've realized it's the job I was made for. I want to dedicate my life to helping people, and topped my class in my high school cna program. I take my cna exam in a week, then I'm straight off to apply for a nursing assistant position at a big local hospital. I'll also be starting college in a few weeks, and plan on jumping right into my bsn. This has been the plan for awhile now, and everything was running all fine and smooth until I tried weed around my 18th bday (a little young I know, but at least I waited until I was a legal adult.) Anyways, I like it a good deal. I've only been smoking for a few months now, but it's relaxing and enjoyable and not something I really want to quit. Now I know that most places drug test upon hire (I'm all good there), but what do I do about random drug testing? Some idiot could steal some morphine and get the whole floor tested and bam, just like that my career is basically over. I've looked at it from several angles, and it seems I only have 3 options: 1, choose a different career (absolutely not an option), 2, give up weed (don't want to but for my career I would), or 3, carry around synthetic pee and be super nervous basically all the time. None sound very appealing to me. I guess I already know what I have to do, but was hoping for some advice anyways. Maybe some stories from people who took the path I want to take and successfully got away with it? Just looking for good tips for someone starting their adult life. Any help is greatly appreciated, many thanks

*Disclaimer* Of course I understand the unique responsibilities of a health care professional, and I firmly believe the patient's well being should always be the #1 priority. I would never show up to work high, or endanger any of my future patients with my habits. I feel it is important to note that if I do continue smoking, it will only ever be in private on my own time. I'm a strong advocate for responsible smoking only

2. Move to a state with job protection against testing positive for cannabis. Nevada just passed such a law.
    Can't be fired for testing hot. A few other states have similar laws now I believe.

BNW