People in Denmark can buy weed on the internet

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by Miklelottesen, Jan 25, 2012.

1. #1 Miklelottesen, Jan 25, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 25, 2012
    A Danish website has just opened on which you can buy cannabis and have it delivered, with the Danish postal service, to your front door!

The dude who opened the website "Smokenhagen" is very open about it; he signed up his company for tax-approval (a requirement for running a legit business), stating clearly that he intends to sell cannabis on the internet. Obviously they'd never heard of anything like that before, but they've been processing the case since January 9 and are still working on it (I don't know how long these things usually take, but if I know the Danish government right, these things normally take quite some time to process).

If his company gets tax-approved, our government would get tax-money from an illegal product and I honestly don't know what that would entail. But it would definitely be a step in the right direction :smoke:

If it doesn't get tax approved, he plans to give the money, that he should otherwise have paid in taxes, to poor people; simply hand out money bills to people who wants them.

He expects to go to prison at some point and he accepts that. But apparantly the police "don't have any clear evidence" that he's been selling so they won't do anything about it at the moment. However, the founder of Smokenhagen has previously been arrested for growing hemp in his house. And he's not unfamiliar with selling on the streets either.

He's allready earned lots of money and he has many happy customers. Obviously he doesn't tell where he gets the cannabis from, but he say's he's a cannabis connoisseur and that he won't sell anything he won't smoke himself. He even checks the weed for mold and such. Currently he sells Pot of Gold and Super Lemon Haze along with two kinds of imported hash. The price is $15-$20 per gram, and in January you even get a free joint with any order above $87 :smoke:

He's been running his webshop since January 1. It's gonna be exciting to see how long he can keep it running, if he gets it tax-approved and which political effects all of this will have. So far, there have been no mention in the media, except for the link I'll post on the bottom (not that I can deduct from a quick Google-browse, at least), but the case is bound get some attention when the tax-office are done processing.

Anyway, I just wanted to share the good news, even if it's only relevant to this small country. I've placed a 1 gram order, which should be delivered in the next couple of days, just to test it out - I mean, I can only be 99% sure that this isn't a dream, until I stand with the weeb-containing parcel in my hand :)

Here's the link to the Danish article, which I've boiled down, rewritten and personalized:
    http://ekstrabladet.dk/nyheder/samfund/article1695150.ece

2. You can buy weed online from any country mayne

3. Not from a tax-registered company. Did you even read what I wrote?

4. I've just checked, and Smokenhagen has recieved a CVR-number (central company registration). So, apparantly, it's a legit business. Fiscally speaking..

5. Of course not

6. nice, do they have organic weed?

7. #7 Miklelottesen, Jan 26, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 26, 2012
    There are only two strains of dank and two kinds of hash available at the moment. But he just started it, so he plans to add more later.

[edit]He just added a new hash today called "The one I wouldn't buy"; a milder, cheaper hash for new tokers..

8. That is very cool.

Did you order just to check if it's real or do you see yourself using this on a regular basis?

9. I live in an area where it's easily available on order, on line, and I wouldn't make a purchase unless i trust the supplier. Especially with all these vagabond companies, marketing nutrients for cannabis that are not supervised and probably toxic. And Im sure the netherlands has it bad with these types of companies. Myself I would spend the effort surfing online looking for regular organic farm supply shops to source the materials so you can be sure your growing without harmful chemicals.

10. Definately a big step in the right direction! We have coffeeshops selling weed here and even we can't order online. :p

11. I meant order through emails, not online. but its close enuf no? Ive never been to the netherland or much of europe but i hope 2 some day.

12. I was actually talking to the OP, but that's cool that you would like to visit here. You're welcome anytime!
    We don't really have a problem with vagabond companies like you described, the weed is generally pretty organic and most coffeeshops also sell weed that is completely organic.

13. Uhh... does looking up a delivery driver online and then calling the number of his website count? I do that here in California

14. How do they avoid cops if you can just find their number on the internet?

15. It's legal for med patients

16. ^^^^^^

17. #17 GD90, Jan 27, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 27, 2012
    well , not hemp - hemp is for industrial use and can't be smoked... I think we have a few hemp fields here in denmark as far as I know - not sure tho...

And I don't see why it would be a problem , I'm not THAT familiar with the exact laws but I do know that marijuana is under a decriminalized model in denmark as it is in holland , so we must have some extend to the laws since we don't have any coffee shops yet :p

anyway , nice to see a fellow dane on here :)

18. That website sounds like the greatest thing I've ever heard.

On the subject of hemp...where I come from in mid Missouri, hemp grows wild all over the place all summer long. Remnants from a better day when people grew the worlds most useful natural resource by the ton. The government is so afraid of it that DEA helicopters fly over and trespass on peoples lands to cut down the plants and burn them.

19. [quote name='"travilanche"']That website sounds like the greatest thing I've ever heard.

On the subject of hemp...where I come from in mid Missouri, hemp grows wild all over the place all summer long. Remnants from a better day when people grew the worlds most useful natural resource by the ton. The government is so afraid of it that DEA helicopters fly over and trespass on peoples lands to cut down the plants and burn them.[/quote]

The greed on display gets me mad every day...

20. You all are forgetting about that one very special website that i cannot name. Hint: It got a lot of press about two months ago.