people i have decied to start growing myself

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by pothead917, Oct 18, 2021.

1. i was inspired by it when i got a bunch of seeds in my weed and decided to germinate them and it worked so i have decided to become a full time grower and purchase my own seeds and grow them. thank you! so if i want to grow indoor, what lights do i need for the plant? do i just need lights, fertilizers and pots?

2. Tent or dedicated room / space. Lights. Ventilation. Carbon filter to control the smell if needed.
    Decide on a grow style. Soil is usually the easiest for new growers as it's a lot more forgiving of screw-ups and cheaper to setup first time.

BNW

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Grow in soil. Grow organically. Don't skimp when it comes to soil - get a good brand. Learn how far your lights should be from your plants - each type of light is different. Don't over-water.

When you get mites (yes, it will happen eventually, the little bastards can even float in on air currents :coolalt:), use an insecticidal soap. The soaps are SAFE, but you have to get the whole plant wet (see the article for details). I like to use Dr Bronner's Peppermint Soap. It smells good (WAY better than neem). :D

How to Use Dr. Bronners As Insecticidal Soap. (news - 2014)
    https://www.hunker.com/12257372/how-to-use-dr-bronners-as-insecticidal-soap

And READ, READ, READ! :coffee: You especially need to see what other beginners are doing- their successes, and their mistakes (and usually, you learn how to avoid them).

Granny :wave:

4. All solid advice from the good folks here at GC. I have always said it's easier to start with an outdoor grow unless it's illegal in your area or you have other reasons. Let Mother Nature do a bunch of the work the first time while you check in here with questions, THEN venture into indoor grows once you have some confidence. Whatever you decide to do, good luck!

5. The OP has been banned.

6. Shit........wasted a minute there. LOL

• Funny Funny x 2
  7. Care to show us one of your grows? In my years here I've never seen as much as one picture from you.

8. #9 Storm Crow, Oct 20, 2021
    Last edited: Oct 20, 2021
    @Pistils Here's what's going on. My sons and I live together (for us, it works). However, my sons are a tad over-protective and are not happy with me even posting on a cannabis forum, much less my being an activist.

Long ago, to keep the peace, I promised never to post any pictures of cannabis until it is federally legal. I've never been arrested for anything and my sons want me to keep it that way. They are getting less paranoid as cannabis has become increasingly legal, but they still worry. So I keep my word, and the household runs smoothly. :biggrin:

Hey, they were even pissed off when I posted a picture of one of my pipes at GC. It was absolutely clean, and the photo was taken by the glass artist who had repaired it after the bowl broke. (He had emailed the photos to me, because I wouldn't be seeing him for five days and he wanted me to see what he had done with my "Party Pipe". I was happy with his work. ) Even so, my sons were not happy with me! :angry::angry:

In case you are wondering if I am a "master grower" pulling pounds off of every plant. Nope. I only grow a few plants at a time and I keep them small on purpose. I grow just enough for my medical and recreational needs and that's all I want to grow. My cannabis is good to keep me quite happy and (more importantly) migraine-free- and isn't that what really matters? :GettingStoned:

Granny :wave:

• Friendly Friendly x 1