people from the US liking the English accent

Discussion in 'General' started by rastaziggy, Aug 11, 2012.

1. I like the accent. The accent makes whatever they say sound more interesting.

2. Funny, we generally think the american (and lets face it canadian = same) accent is whiney. prolly not a popular sentiment on here lol

Ive been to the states a bunch of times, lots of people tell you they like your accent - i mean shop keepers, waitresses etc whereas over here not one person would tell an American they like your accent.

Personally I think that an accent makes very little difference in meeting girls but having anything a little different does help get the conversation going and naturally an accent doesn't even need pointing out. In that sense your chances will be higher :)

3. I dunno about you guys, but my girlfriend is British as fuuuuuuuuuuck, and I think she's the most captivatingly beautiful thing in the world. Her voice is a big part of it, but it's not uber English. Just enough british 'twang' to be cute, but not overpowering. Hot damn I just realised that I have a british fetish. Hot damn indeed :smoke:

4. [quote name='"justatoruser"']

Funny, we generally think the american (and lets face it canadian = same) accent is whiney. prolly not a popular sentiment on here lol

Ive been to the states a bunch of times, lots of people tell you they like your accent - i mean shop keepers, waitresses etc whereas over here not one person would tell an American they like your accent.

Personally I think that an accent makes very little difference in meeting girls but having anything a little different does help get the conversation going and naturally an accent doesn't even need pointing out. In that sense your chances will be higher :)[/quote]

I'll agree with most of this. When I compare my own accent to English/Australian/south African/etc. it sounds really brash like we overly pronounce the ugly sounds of certain words. Maybe a little whiney too..

But... When I spent half a year in London I was complimented all the time for my accent. I can't tell you how many times I heard "oh my god, he sounds just like brad pitt" or Tom cruise...

It helps that I'm a sexy beast, but I can't help but think the accent helped me get laid a few times.

5. Girls will say anything to get in your pants... I know how it is you sexy beast :smoke:

6. which region of England speaks in that cockney british accent? that shit has always been hilarious and cool at the same time to me

what do british people think about american accents?

7. London man ha.

I like some of your accents. Particularly the chilled out cali ones. I can't really define many of them from each other. Just kind of north and south

8. Thanks to years of prioritizing British television stations over the shitty Irish TV stations (most Irish people get all the UK channels on their TVs.. I have 1099 channels on my TV and only 7 of them are Irish channels), I view British accents as pretty normal. Thanks BBC.

9. Girls with Irish or British accents are wicked sexy

10. Im from England and I think the Irish accent is sexy as hell :)

11. [quote name='"Kramer"']

Not a surprising post, considering the amount of intolerance you seem to possess.[/quote]

#roasted

12. I don't mind them but for some reason a few of my family members hate English accents. Mostly when they are in TV commercials. :confused:

The guys do sound like a feminine person who is on uppers. The older they get the cooler they sound though. Like that actor who plays Batman's butler. Straight boss voice.

13. Why do people not like the Geordie accent? We sound "PURE LUSH LIKE!!!!"

14. [quote name='"justatoruser"']

Im from England and I think the Irish accent is sexy as hell :)[/quote]

Erin go Braugh!

15. Erin go bragh is an anglized version of the real gaelic phrase, 'Eireann go brách' :D

It was simplified and used as a motto by the Irish forces who helped the Mexicans in the Mexican/US war 1846 - 1848

(LOL Irish gaelic is my first language, not english.. all these useless facts about the irish language were drummed into me in school)

16. I knew I was short cutting it, but Gaelic isn't the easiest language to learn!

17. irish accents are better :D

18. is gaelic hard? i was thinking about trying to learn it, but most people online say its pretty difficult

19. its hard because nothings pronouced how its spelt, and the way sentances are formed is way different to english, i liked it in school though i was quite good at it

20. [quote name='"SuperSkunk64"']

is gaelic hard? i was thinking about trying to learn it, but most people online say its pretty difficult[/quote]

I tried learning on my own and I couldn't grasp it.

And I'm a native Hebrew speaker/reader. If there's any language as nonsensical as Hebrew it's Irish Gaelic