people from the US liking the English accent

Discussion in 'General' started by rastaziggy, Aug 11, 2012.

1. The accent that most people are thinking of is from south east England, the majority of the UK speak completely different. Most people in the south east also talk completely differently.

2. Ours is better.

3. No.. no it's not.. you guys sound like you half-give up when you pronounce the words.

4. You realize Americans find it that your accents are just funny not attractive right? I'd take a 10/10 Australian girl over a 10/10 Canadian girl. I've seen my share of both and Australians are alot more friendly as well.

When I drove through Alaska I literally wanted to kill every Canadian saying the word you seem to know the most eh?

5. like? i think it really depends on the person, but a good bit would probally be all over you, a lot of americans like to meet other people who are not from here, or well i do anyways, at worst expect all kinds of british stereotypes be played out...but generally we are very welcoming of other people not from here

6. -rhcp

7. Lol at least the world takes us seriously and doesn't laugh at us and make fun of our country. America alone is a joke and just the word makes me smile. We laugh at yours too because you guys sound retarded. Especially the southerners but we mock you all. My Mexican girlfriend loves my voice, and she laughs at how Americans speak too. Even Australians hate America. Some Australian Girls sound hot but the guys sound more stupid then Americans.

Speaking of.. Spanish accent is pretty fucking hot if she speaks english fluently :ey:

8. In high school AP US history we learned that the accent of the British colonizers would have been most closely related to the sound of our current southern accent.

Of course, each colonial region had various different ways of pronouncing words, because they all came over from different regions of England, but if we could take a time machine back and listen to them they wouldn't sound like the British today do.

Also, the current ebonics "aksed" for "asked" is originally British. It came over here with the Royalists.

Just some random facts.

LOL arguing over who's accent sounds the best.

Grow the fuck up.

9. You like getting mad and rattled over people arguing for fun on the internet? Grow the fuck up.

You like typing out useless random facts history lessons that nobody really gives a shit about and thinking we had no idea accents come from different regions? Grow the fuck up.

10. Ironically, most of the other English people I know can't speak the language properly. As for the people who said that English people can sound VERY different to each other, well done, that's correct.

I'd rather die than have my accent lumped in with a scouse one.

11. My post actually contributed something of substance to the thread.

Your post just made you sound like a whiny _______.

Not trying to get an infraction, so go ahead and fill in the blank with whatever you'd like :wave:

12. Lol yeah, that's true. Isn't that half the appeal though? There must be some reason why most foreigners I've met like it. I wouldn't know, it's the accent I have and hear every day so I'm pretty well used to it.

and ^chill, guys, accents are easily one of the silliest things to get heated over.

13. Haha you laugh at all of us because we can talk with out an accent in the more civilized parts? Hmm funny the world takes you seriously I didn't know that either. Your Mexican girlfriend probably has a pretty nice ass I bet though doesn't she? Only if she's fully Mexican. But I dont care for Spanish accents much because they always carry their words on longer then normal. fuck southerners here making us look like inbred faggots.

14. NOPE me and mr Canada are starting world war three right now hahaha. You Australians better help us out. I dont take what he said offensively because what I said was the same sort of thing.

15. #35 Gryphonics, Aug 12, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 12, 2012
    Why are you guys getting so mad and defensive? Just playfully arguing on the internet, it's not a big deal..

She does and is! How did you know? Oh god just imagining those wide hips and thighs.. turning me into a wild animal.. and yes the Spanish accent sucks on guys but for girls it's pretty hot. Spanish itself is a pretty fast language so I don't know where you're getting the slow from.. And woah woah man.. I wouldn't fuck the southerners.. just me..

16. I love the english accent, grew up hearing it.

17. personally , I fucking hate it

18. Born and raised in Jersey. You just love to bitch and moan about everything possible dont ya? You just generalized a whole countries female population on your personal experiences... Yeah that's spot on dude, great observation :rolleyes:

19. why is everyone complaining about which accent is better? it doesn't matter...people need to actually answer the OP question, instead of derailing the thread into an arguement...i see this happen in just about every thread

20. [quote name='"Kramer"']

Not a surprising post, considering the amount of intolerance you seem to possess.[/quote]

I'd say I'm pretty tolerate due to the fact that America is one of the biggest diverse cultures......just bc I love and think te southern accent is the best IMO does not make me intolerable. I hate English accent bc my friends try to impersonate it all the time and I find it annoying