People die all the time... and it really sucks.

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by GGrass, Jan 21, 2011.

1. While I am comfortable with death and the discussion about it while sitting on my computer, drinking hot coffee, for those who actually experience death, it really sucks.

Death leaves nothing behind, but takes away everything.

It takes a way a mother... a wife... and a friend...

My friend died last night, after giving birth to a boy... she already had a daughter who is currently 5 years old.

Death left nothing behind, except a newborn boy and a little girl without their mother, and a devastated husband.

But it took everything away from them...

I am so... sad.

Death... for me... is very sad...

2. I'm so sorry to hear that. It's so sad that she left behind her two young children. Just another harsh reality of life I guess. Good vibes going your way :love:

3. I want to cry right now.

Damn.

4. GGrass...sorry for your loss, hang strong, I know what you mean about death tho, but I do think it leaves a few things behind...

Last thursday for me, i got a call from my mother that my uncle was unplugged from machines...he was in a terrible car accident and brought to hospital brain dead, and many other probs....they let him go and unplugged him the next morning....but my uncle left behind LIFE for other ppl, he was a donor, so in his leaving he helped ppl
    Then I also lost my brother in-law the same day....last thursday :(
    he was diagnosed with stage 4lung cancer, a week before christmas, gone, very fast, was good tho....he was in so so much pain.

But with death, the survivors always find out there are many lessons to be learned, from simply surviving and going on....it is very sad about your friend, be there for your friend and his children, he's gonna need some real friends the next few years...peace be with you GGrass.....stay strong

Living and dying go hand in hand....we all go thru it eventually
    can't escape death or taxes :rolleyes:

5. Fucking do it. Let it all out brother. Grieve for her. You'll feel much better :)

6. I think of her kids and... I cry.

And her husband? He's a nice guy... also my friend...

7. The last time I saw them, they were SO happy!!

She was into her last month of pregnancy... about to give birth.. and they were so excited...

8. My old elementary school friend also died, after receiving burns on over 90% of his body. He was helping two stranded motorist get gas and someone accidentally lit a cigarette causing a huge fire.

I felt like crying but it probably wouldn't do anyone any good.

9. I'm not sure what to do... or feel.

I don't want to feel sad coz... it breaks my heart...

But I don't want to... not feel sad coz... I REALLY LIKED HER!!

And her family!

Her daughter is my son's friend... and we spent a lot of time together coz our kids went to the same school...

10. Sorry about your losses. I can definitely relate to your feeling.

11. i know how you feel mayne. recently i lost one of my best friends in a horrible way. one of the most beautiful souls ive ever met. he was really somethin else..so damn alive and its just so strange that someone so full of life could be dead you know? but thats life and we cant go on without losing people.

12. Sorry for your loss brother.

Think on the bright side though...she is experiencing bliss right now. She returned to her true form of self and nothing feels better than that. Even so, that doesn't make it easy. I'm sure her family is devastated. We all have our purpose in this life and maybe she need to have that beautiful baby and that was her job. Who knows?

The best thing to do when dealing with a death IMO is to celebrate that person's life. Think of all the good things about her. She doesnt want you guys to cry, she wants the ones she loves to be happy. Just know that she is perfectly safe where she is now and that everything will be ok. Wish you the best man, stay strong.

- peace, joy, love, and light

13. death is part of life

i know it hurts but the pain is part of life too

what might make you feel better in forgetting your own pain is putting it aside right now and helping out her husband in any way you can. it will take your mind off your own pain and it will help him maybe making you feel a little better

i hope you feel better man if you ever wanna talk feel free to pm

14. I am feeling very disoriented.

Don't know WHAT to think.

I just got the news like.. when I made the post... half an hour ago... from my wife.

She called and she was crying on the phone... at first, I didn't know what she was saying but soon, I got the message.

It's sinking in now...

She's dead...

I keep thinking about the people she left behind, her daughter especially... and her husband... and the new born baby? He doesn't even get to see his mom!!!!!

15. #15 narcissistic, Jan 21, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 21, 2011
    I cant even Imagine how the father feels. This is when they all need each other the most. Including the mother. Thats also so devastating just to hear:(

Positive energy to the Family.
    They will need it.

16. I am SUPPOSED to feel sad, under the circumstances, right?

I mean... I don't have to resist feeling sad, do I?

17. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AscPOozwYA8]YouTube - Eric Clapton/Tears in heaven[/ame]
    Hell I'm not ashamed. let it out .....then help your friend as much as possible.

18. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yGEe_zpddNI]YouTube - Forever Young-Rod Stewart[/ame]

19. The best thing you can do is let all your emotions out.

Crying is really a healing process,

My best friend died almost 2 years ago. I held in my emotions in for days because I didn't want to face them. I even talked at his funeral in front of everyone and held my composure.

Then I had a dream where he visited me from a portal of millions of colors. He told me that there was nothing to fear about death, that it was just his transition onward. He comforted me and said that I had nothing to be sad for him about. He seemed happier than ever.

We talked for a while, then he said he had to leave, but not to worry and we would meet again.

And I cried, and cried, and hugged him, and woke up crying, and cried for hours more.

And it felt so good to cry. I didn't really have that release from those emotions until I cried.

I never thought things would get better but here I am 2 years later and, though I am sad he isn't here, I have healed. I am happy that he doesn't have to suffer here on earth like the rest of us. The last 4 years of his short life were complete misery (he died of cancer).

The dead do not mourn their own deaths, they do not cry over their bodies. They move on, because with death comes understanding of what life really is, and its insignificance in the grand scheme of things. It's all a cosmic joke, and only the dead can understand the punchline.

Remember, this too will pass, as all things do. There is no escape from the sadness and the shittiness of someone dying. All one can do is mourn, express their grief, and with time healing will come.

Hang in there man. I am really sorry to hear about that, especially for her children. :(

20. I can relate to your pain my friend. My cousin in India was shot dead about 3 years go. It hurt so much but eventually time will heal all. Stay strong!