People can be so ignorent

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by bobbyyy, Sep 19, 2010.

1. This pissed me the hell of tonight and I thought I would share my story with the city. Today I was going through a wendy's drive through in Ohio and when I pulled up to grab my food the guy at the window said something odd to me. I was to busy distracted by his mullet, dirty face, and missing teeth to here him the first time so I asked him to repeat himself. Then he said "Watch out for all the drunks and stoners on the road tonight." The fact that he categorized stoners like that pissed me off so I just sped off. Like people really get high and crash cars into people? Just telling my story from the night.

2. fuck that bitch.

3. It's "ignorant"...
    And he probably didn't mean to deeply offend marijuana smokers with that comment.

4. Same shit I'm bad at spelling on my phone. I know he didn't mean to deeply offend anyone one but it just annoys me how some people can just categorize smokers who enjoy cannibas and know nothing about it.

5. Look up

I bet that confused a lot of you didn't it

6. Yeah...well try to change it. Next time instead of speeding off, say "Actually sir, being under the influence of marijuana does not hinder one when operating a vehicle" and proceed to inform him. Society will never evolve if you don't take part.

7. Damn man, I think he might have been right:laughing:

8. Just switch the 'i' and the 'a' = Cannabis.

I kid I kid :D

9. He didn't say anything wrong. Key words being "on the road." You're either driving while under the influence or you're not.

Responsible adults don't drive drunk or high.

10. He just tryin to help a brotha out..Maybe he doesnt know his facts but atleast hes trying to save your live.... ;)

11. being impaired is being impaired. It doesnt mess with motor skills like alcohol but you cannot tell me that it doesnt hinder your overall driving ability. A major part of driving in concentration. Being high can make this difficult.

You're right. There are some ignorant people...

12. dude he actually sounds like a o.k. guy, he works a shitty job, doesnt have to say anything else but do you want fries with that? and im guessing this was late at night where there IS alot of drunk drivers out believe it or not, and maybe you can drive while high but I know 20 people who can't. of course its not as bad as drinkin and drivin but stoned driving is very dangerous for some

13. Meh...Honestly? I am a much better driver when I'm lit because it actually helps me concentrate. Maybe it has a different effect for you, but after smoking I tend to be more focused. I can study better (even retain more information) and somehow when I am driving it is easier for me to pay attention.

14. Drugs effect people differently. I drive fine when Im high, so Im not really knocking on that. I dont condone it, but Im not saying its as bad as driving drunk. Its been said that driving while talking on a cell phone is as dangerous as driving drunk, because its not always the impairment of motor skills, but the distraction it brings. Its always that one moment when you arent paying attention that can cause a wreck. Being under the influence of something makes this more likely.

I know there have been accidents that were caused because some dude was high. So really, its stupid to think that being high cant hurt your ability to drive.

15. I agree, you probably shouldn't drive while you're high, especially if other people are in the car to distract you, but I know that I am usually alone and it is part of my routine. I think sometimes it just really depends. Everything is the circumstance. But as a rule, I don't mind myself driving when I am high because I know I'm straight.

I just would hate to think I would put anyone else in danger, so even when I know I'm fine I know I have limits as well. I never drive when I am high off my ass. But if I have a slight buzz, it's definitely not a big deal for me.

16. For me, it depends on how much I smoke. If I'm absolutely blasted, then I won't feel comfortable to drive. Anything less, and I just feel more aware, (and if I'm smoking indica) relaxed.

17. When I was in Chicago, my routine was when I got off of work at midnight, Id go out to my car, smoke a bowl, and drive home while snow was pouring down. It was awesome.

The mistake people often make with this is they dont know themselves well enough to judge if they should do things like this.

18. Oh yeah, I definitely agree.

And you lived in Chicago? I'm very envious. It is perhaps my favorite American city :D

19. what i was gonna say

20. Yeah but not for long.:(

I want to go back, but I cant stand the cold.