Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

people born from 30's to early 80's!!

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by daiseyduked, Sep 13, 2003.

1. According to today's regulators and bureaucrats, those of us who were kids in the 30's, 40's, 50's, 60's, 70's or even the early 80's, probably shouldn't have survived.

Our baby cribs were covered with bright colored lead-based paint.

We had no childproof lids or locks on medicine bottles, doors, or cabinets, and when we rode our bikes, we had no helmets.

Not to mention the risks we took hitchhiking.

As children, we would ride in cars with no seat belts or air bags. Riding in the back of a pickup truck on a warm day was always a special treat.

We drank water from the garden hose and not from a bottle.

We ate cupcakes, bread and butter, and drank soda pop with sugar in it, but we were never overweight because we were always outside playing.

We shared one soft drink with four friends, from one bottle, and no one actually died from this.

We would spend hours building our go-carts out of scraps and then rode down the hill, only to find out we forgot the brakes... After running into the bushes a few times, we learned to solve the problem.

We would leave home in the morning and play all day, as long as we were back when the street lights came on. No one was able to reach us all day. No cell phones. Unthinkable!

We did not have Playstations, Nintendo 64, X-Boxes, no video games at all, no 99 channels on cable, video tape movies, surround sound, personal cell phones, personal computers, or Internet chat rooms.

We had friends! We went outside and found them.

We fell out of trees, got cut and broke bones and teeth, and there were no lawsuits from these accidents. They were accidents. No one was to blame but us. Remember accidents?

We had fights and punched each other and got black and blue and learned to get over it.

We made up games with sticks and tennis balls and, although we were told it would happen, we did not put out any eyes.

We rode bikes or walked to a friend's home and knocked on the door, or rang the bell or just walked in and talked to them.

Little League had tryouts and not everyone made the team. Those who didn't had to learn to deal with disappointment.

Some students weren't as smart as others, so they failed a grade and were held back to repeat the same grade.

Horrors!

Tests were not adjusted for any reason.

Our actions were our own. Consequences were expected.

The idea of parents bailing us out if we got in trouble in school or broke a law was unheard of. They actually sided with the school or the law. Imagine that!

This generation has produced some of the best risk-takers, problem solvers, and inventors, ever.

We had freedom, failure, success, and responsibility --- and we learned
    how to deal with it.

we were blessed to grow up as "kids" before lawyers and government regulated our lives "for our own good";) !!!

2. This stuff is so true.. Those days were the best.....Unlike these days where you have to beware of where your kids are and what they are doing..

This belongs in the seasoned tokers... I'll move it there!

3. Amen. Remember when you didn't get a ticket for not wearing a bike helmet?

Not to err off the topic, but when watching Bowling for Columbine, I thought Michael Moore made an ABSOLUTELY BRILLIANT point that Americans spend so much time living in fear, and spend so much time trying to avoid fear. This condition is probably more damaging than all of the dangers in the world combined.

Heh. Anyway....

4. i liked this one.you are sooo right.
    im going to mention no seatsbelts.or baby seats...
    and my favorite memory is being one of three children, and a red ford pinto...we drew straws and i swear the lucky child got to ride in the back window.
    *edit....our schools were constructed with aspestos (sp) an probably somemore of that lead paint.

6. eventually the red fell off and was duct taped on both rear fenders and also the tape and a coat hanger held the front bumper on :)
    so now we have a little red lotsa rust and mucho duct grey duct tape

7. Well like they say"if ya cant fix it DUCT it"
    Works wonders on sticking plastic bags for windows...lol

8. havent done a window yet...*crosses fingers*

9. uh, whoa.

10. have i wandered off, and suddenly found the nostalgia thread?

when i was a kid, getting home bruised and bleeding from some experiment gone horribly wrong (tall trees and insane bike speeds are key words here) was met with a shrug and a hug. and some wound healing... and hot chocolate!!

nowadays, it seems like parents are terrified of their young ones breaking a few bones. really. children are indestructible. what they break, they heal in no time. let them break a few bones, get a few scratches, fight, fall and land flat on their faces. they learn to grow up, handle victory and defeat. it's all a part of growing up.

hmm, maybe that's what we got skateboards for these days. getting hurt as a kiddie that is :D

11. damnit.. i feel like shit now.. i used to remember all those good times when you couldent even tell time... just simple days, being inside for over 10 minutes for besides when i was eating or sleeping was hell!! all the times i would play with my one best friend, only times we didnt was when we were sick.. we did so many bad things!! and boy, those whoopins hurt like fucking hell!! we had this wooden spoon, and i remember i would have to get it, take it to my mo.. and it was bare ass.. but i would give so much to re-live those days over

12. well i'm glad i brought u all some good memories! i remember playin on the train tracks for hours, trees all over and REAL tree houses, the kind that looked like it was gunna fall apart but u could care less cuz u and your friends made it. my dad built us a go cart with some motor on it lol it was so foken fun! idk if it was a lawn mower motor, but i seem to think it was lol. playin hid and seek at the lake and u could stay out forever, mainly cuz the parents were drunk lol. yep i had some good times as a kid!

13. "i swear the lucky child got to ride in the back window."
    hehehe.. i was born in 84. my dad has an 85 corvette. i used to ride in the back window! when i was like 4 or 5, i dunno how old i was, but i was young enough to fit in the back window of a corvette! you know.. now that i think about it, what the hell was my dad thinking lol. :D
    my child hood was spent mostly ridin bikes all over the place with a kid that lived 2 houses down the street. and then at the magical age of 12, I got my first computer. I haven't been outside since. :D

14. i had lots of video games like commandore 64 and atiri i miss those lame games..

and he-man i love him..
    now they watch teletubbies , that show cant be good for anyone

15. atari that is

16. Yah, Bowling For Columbine comment definetly true, and I think kids should do all that shit, I mean if you don't go out and expeirience the world, then how are you going to live in on your own. I remember some of that stuff but not nearly all of it, I'm too young. I was born in the 80's.

17. i was born in the 90s so i lived... and outside whats that?

18. is that billy crudup as your avatar?!!!! if it is omg. i luv him!!

19. Its me but shhhhh... people tell me i look like him alot...