"People are Stupid" Syndrome.

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by Jane_Bellamont, Oct 3, 2017.

1. I'm pretty high as I write this. And rightfully so.. :pimp:

I tend to see a lot of "People are Stupid" type personalities these days, 99% of the time you'll see these on the internet. These individuals can either be right-leaning or left-leaning, to my surprise.

Believe it or not, I used to be one of these personality types myself, especially when I was age 16-21. Luckily, I've grown out of it. I used to consider it a badge of honour to be able to say that 'People are Stupid'.. or.... 'People are Sheep..' .. 'Mainstream media is garbage'.. 'X is cancer'. Until I realized that .. In the process of adopting these buzz-phrases, you're actually becoming the very sheep you're so vehemently opposed to.

It's also a path toward narcissism. Yes, people do stupid shit, yes.. people believe in absolute garbage - but what about you? Surely, the very fact that you're even skeptical of mainstream culture makes it extremely likely that you believe in at least one conspiracy theory that is not only cringey to listen to, but also easy to debunk.

What if somebody one day wrote a essay online about the reasons this world is going to hell ... and you suddenly realized they were talking about You? That you were part of the problem, that you were part of the reason it's full of self-absorbed and shitty people loaded with negative energy. That you were part of the reason it's so divided and going no-where.

Actually, it's very likely that you'll eventually stumble upon this scenario - because the people who tend to believe that 'Everybody is Stupid except me' .. tend to believe it for radically different reasons, oftentimes. It could be because everybody they know is a fucking Trump supporting hillbilly.. or it could be because they're politically correct, white-hating SJWs who preach about Fat Acceptance .. encouraging people to be unhealthy and obese. So which point of view is correct?

'Justin Bieber and One direction are cancer. I listen to Nirvana, maaaaan.. Kurt Cobain and John Lennon are my Jesuses!'

Sure, dude. But you do realize that your Nirvana shirt was made in Vietnam with the help of exploited, underpaid child labourers.. and that the profits went to greedy record companies that probably wouldn't even give a cent to that homeless man down the corner playing 'Come as You Are' out of tune on his guitar for pocket money?

That's not to say that there aren't toxic people in this world, or that the existence of Kim Kardashian's career is a good thing.

However, unless you're talking about child molesters or murderers or murderous dictators or something on that level.. be careful when making judgements and generalizations about people, if your goal is to stay morally consistent. You're by faaar more likely to be part of the very problem you're complain about.. you're far more likely to be the reason this world sucks, than being an all-compassionate and uniquely enlightened angel in flares.

And there's nothing wrong with admitting that you're 'part of the problem'. Admit that you listen to like that Taylor Swift song, admit that you benefit from subsidized healthcare even though you believe taxation is theft.. admit that you don't always recycle.. admit that the world is going to hell, but know that the only way to make it a better place is for you to start correcting your own behavior and character flaws, instead of pointing out everybody else's. Admit that your favourite alternative rock band is just as commercial as all that other mainstream garbage you despise...

It's not always easy, but always something to be aware about. As long as you notice yourself slip here and then, it's all good. :apache:

• Like Like x 6
  2. Nicely written and some good points.

3. I like to kindly oppose this . I am no a person who goes out and blame everyone as stupid however reality most people on the world are not properly educated and we humans have an habbit of sharing opinion on everything we don't know.

Internet and specially social media created a new habbit for these type of people. Everyone loves to oppose others for stupid reasons. Therefor people are stupid is becoming a new norm imo. As it is close to impossible to discuss or kindly agree to disagree these days. So using people are stupid arguement is an easy way of leaving discussions.

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. thats the important part for me- its not the people are stupid, its that stupid people are loud.
    And the internet is largely a series of examples of the dunning kruger effect,
    There is a huge number of questions on here and else where that I see and think I've probably got about 50-60% of the knowledge I need to give a decent answer. Maybe its something I would bodge and attempt myself in the same situation but don't quite understand enough to be able to give a really clear explanation of what I'm saying. Then someone who knows about 10% of what they need to know but dosnt know enough to know the other 90% exists will come jumping in and act like they are the authority. Then by the time an actual expert gets there he has to start with 'for the love of god no not what that guy said for these reasons'.
    Its not that everyone is stupid, its that a lot of people saw the question and thought I'm not the person to answer this and moved on.
    At work I often encounter some very confident idiots and some much quieter semi-experts.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Dude just go and visit gaming communities , they are the worst anyone can ever see :D
    If you criticise a game that is loved by some fanatics , you are doomed to hell :D

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. #6 Jason Van Jason, Oct 3, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2017
    The real problem is not that people are stupid, it's that we all have the potential to not be stupid, contextually, yet still are.

Sent from my SM-J120W using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Loud and angry does not equate to a position of being correct.

Many fail to understand this simple fact.

:smoke:

• Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. I’m just waiting for the end times man. We are at a convergence. 150 years ago we where riding horses and wagons. And now we are talking through time and space on the Internet, either we will evolve or we will destroy ourselves. The issue with every one saying “people are stupid”
    Is because they generally are ! As fucked up as it sounds, our human gene pool is polluted with dumb ass people and the like. With the advent of all these things to keep people healthy. People don’t need to be smarter or anything . They just follow the crowd. Because as much as you want to
    Believe otherwise, your not in control of your destiny or life. Unless you completely cut the plug. I hope you reading this has a great day. We can make the world different. One peroson at a time maybe

• Like Like x 1
  9. People aren't "stupid". People are "ignorant!" There's a big difference.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. Or God forbid tell a CSGO or DOTA 2 player that one tiny aspect of their game needs improvement.

Me: "Dude you shouldn't plant the bomb there because it's hard to defend"
    Noob: "STFU I have 3 more points than you don't tell me what to do!"
    Me: "voice enable 0"

11. some funny stuff here. good eye on catching this trend Jane.

12. Strongly advise you to check Destiny forums also :D Dude i am laughing out loud when i browse that forum :D

• Like Like x 2
  13. My MBTI personality type is INTJ and this is one of main themes lol.

14. All fandoms are rabid, things like the Supernatural, Dr. Who, and Sherlock fans are worse than any gamer you will come across. Don't get me started on furries either.

15. These people are in full blown denial

Sent from my SM-J120W using Grasscity Forum mobile app

16. Throughout history, keeping an ignorant populace has always been most beneficial to the ruling classes. You could say after hundreds of years of breeding hard working simpletons, we have yet to explore or reach the full potential of humanity's intellect, wisdom or curiosity.

The royal families and religions always wanted someone smart enough to know how to grow corn for them, but not so smart that they might figure out all of their hard efforts go towards feeding someone else who rules their lives. Those who would rebel would be hung or dismembered in public as to deter others from rising up. So the courageous die while the cowardly live meek lives of quiet slavery. Strong, smart, wise humans pose the biggest threat. It's why education sucks, religions are full of contradictions, food is full of chemicals, etc etc

The Vatican Secret Archives with historical texts are kept off limits to the public. There are rumors that this is one of the factors that led to the Dark Ages:

"Parts of the Secret Archives remain truly secret, however: some materials are still prohibited for outside viewing, including everything dated after 1939.[4]"
    source: Vatican Secret Archives - Wikipedia

17. I have said before that the IQ of the current population is due in large part to the invention of child car seats. Back in my day, they would throw the babies in the bed of the pickup truck and speed off down the road. The stupid ones would bounce out, and the next generation would be the smarter for it.

Darwin. :GettingStoned:

What’s wrong with Taylor Swift? :unsure:

• Funny Funny x 1