People are REALLY stupid

Discussion in 'Politics' started by lonew0lf420, Feb 15, 2012.

1. Has anyone else noticed that during a debate Ron Paul will provide us with factual (reality-based) insight on his view of the foreign policy. The crowd is always shocked and upset because they apparently cannot face the facts ...in reality, the US cannot afford to sanction these illegal foreign quests ("wars") to obtain resources. Yet, some idiot (i.e Rick S) will rebut with a stupid comment like "Ron, how could you say that? Our citizens are in great danger due to terrorists that are jealous of our rights and liberties...they will come here and try to blow us up again. We really need to keep our troops out there until we can guarantee that there is not one more terrorist breathing on this earth!" (Crowd erupts into cheer)

I do not get why the people at these debates are so fucking mindless? They get wet when a candidate (besides Paul) delivers one of those little "patriotic" catchphrases...

wtf.. sorry for rant, had to share my feelings on this BS

2. It's truly unreal the crap that these people are spoon fed on a regular basis through the mainstream media. Disconnected from reality, entitlement mindset sheep that flock to the establishment for justification of their misguided mindset.

just look at these numbers

CABLE NEWS RACE
    NITE OF FEB 13, 2012

FOXNEWS O'REILLY 3,292,000
    FOXNEWS HANNITY 2,117,000
    FOXNEWS BRET BAIER 1,908,000
    CMDY DAILY SHOW 1,811,000
    FOXNEWS SHEP SMITH 1,788,000
    FOXNEWS THE FIVE 1,744,000
    FOXNEWS GRETA 1,632,000
    CMDY COLBERT 1,509,000
    MSNBC SCHULTZ 944,000
    CNN PIERS MORGAN 901,000
    MSNBC MADDOW 901,000
    MSNBC HARDBALL 861,000
    CNN COOPER 825,000

3. I think Paul is too smart for his own good.

When he says the word "fungible" in a SOUTH CAROLINA debate, it can't be good for his vote count. I mean, I'm sure half the audience just thought he went crazy for a second...

Or when he uses the example of "guns and butter"...again I'm sure people thought he was crazy but guns and butter is like the basic economic example used to demonstrate opportunity cost...I think he was replying to a question about outsourcing, so it was definitely relevant.

Seth Macfarlane hit the nail on the head:
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0YOh-rpvjYg[/ame]

4. You hit the nail right on the fucking head dude. Exactly what I was thinking. I think the meaning of being a "true american" is so skewed these days...it is ridiculous. I guess people think that being a world power that uses unnecessary force to suppress our foes is patriotic. I guess the constitution is not the patriotic thing anymore:(

5. Exactly, I have yet to see Ron fail at making someone look like a complete fool debating against him.

Edit: Just saw the video, perfect. Pretty much sums up everything I said.

6. #7 TheDankery, Feb 15, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 15, 2012
    There's a weird, visceral reaction that comes from the crowd in much of these debates whenever Ron Paul points out realities that contradict their version of truth, a truth which is based on emotionally potent oversimplifications. They're something like the cave-dwellers straight out of Plato's allegory. They're like NO THEY HATE US FOR OUR FREEDOMS and I'M SCARED THERE'S A RADICAL JIHADIST HIDING UNDER MY BED.

It's like Ron Paul is speaking a foreign language up there. For most of the crowd, he might as well be speaking Latin or something.

7. Well, we are here: Preschooler's home-made lunch replaced with 'nuggets'

And teachers know what is better for our children than the parents do: Debbie Squires, Education Official, Says Teachers Know What's Best For Kids, Not Their Parents

And we have let this happen. I has been happening for many years and I think we have reached the tipping point. Why are people so mindless? Because it has been inbred so far into our education that we have teachers and school board members who have moved to reduce the actual history from our school books while finding ways to inject racism into curriculum [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tZDCYZ1cJSc&feature=player_embedded"]BDS Professor at Penn explains how to teach anti-Israel propaganda to students [/ame]

I thought liberals and progressives were supposed to be against such actions. I thought it was all a bout diversity and making the world a happier and more fair place. Guess that only applies if you are in the inside circle. If you are outside the circle you are Fucked <note the capital 'F'>

It works on both political extremes too. It seems the only balanced individuals are the independent conservatives and libertarians. The 100% Repubs and 100% Dems are the worst offending sheep.

On a personal note, I was raised extremely conservative and 100% republican. After leaving and serving in the military for 8 years I matured quite a bit. I remember growing up and hearing about how great the president is doing and how all repub ideas are the shiznit but dems are all morons. Both sides have some moron ideas just like both sides have some very good ideas.

I do hold the position that the majority of dem ideas are pretty shitty though. Global warming laws...really? How big is your fuckin ego? Like we have the ability to make a permanent change to weather...let alone when you can't even forecast weather consistently and accurately..but I am supposed to believe you can see 1000's of years into the future? I am all for cleaning up after yourself and not dumping chemicals into streams or wiping out ecosystems. Common sense for crying out loud. But this shit has gone way overboard. Carbon credits? Really? Fucking kidding me. Oh wait, that's right, someone in Nigeria or Cambodia plants a tree for every credit...great, trees in places that already have too many trees. And I am sure that 100% of the carbon credit payments goes toward trees and improving the environment. The government didn't take a hefty chunk out and then every environmental freak corporation that funnels the money to the end. Shit, by the time they get to the final destination there will only be 1% left. Biggest fucking scam ever...even bigger than the housing market bullshit.

My problem with dem ideas is that they always are looking at the taxpayer to fund everything. They never look at cutting federal spending to pay for them, that takes control away from the government. You can't even make changes to programs or cut nonsense programs like the $1 billion a year that is spent on the census...even though it doesn't take place but every DECADE! The dems were the pushing majority on the land grab deals the fed has been swooping up.Land Grab By the Federal Government? <I know it shows Glenn Beck and half of you hate him, suck it up.> I couldn't find any other news that covered it. You may be able to. This is more for awareness.

Montana Homeland Security Bill a Federal Land Grab in Disguise?

That is a lot of free land that is no longer free...and it just happens to contain some of the largest concentrations of oil and other precious metals and minerals in America. I guess private companies will now have to lease the land from the government...because we all know that when you have to pay more for something less damage is done to the environment. Just ask Al Gore and his expensive planes and houses...he pays more so his footprint is reduced and he is not so much of a lying fucknugget.

For dems that have bought into all this shit there are repubs that have bought into the equally shitty shit on the repubs side.

Sorry if this is jumpy a bit, just smoked for before bed.

8. People are indeed stupid.

Claiming libertarians are all isolationist.

9. I can't grasp how anyone could possibly be against RON Paul's foreign policy.

10. #11 Mairuzu, Feb 15, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 15, 2012
    Misguided. Posted this on my facebook today.

"Through the fear of terrorism that our government has instilled upon us, we as a whole have allowed them regulate our lives how they see fit and we have allowed them to gradually obtain more power then they should ever have. A group of people that chooses whether we live or die. Chooses how we should live and what we can do with our body, the only thing we truely own. Because of our ignorant fear and apathy we have allowed them to send our youth to die in Iraq all based on a lie, not to mention the countless civilians whom have also suffered for no purpose. But it doesn't effect most of us so we should't even care right? Lets see if we repeat our mistake because the same thing is happening right now with Iran. How do you defeat terrorism? An enemy so vague. Its as if our government has found an emeny so broad that it will keep its power for many many years to come in order to somehow defeat them. Fuck. That. Mess."

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8KiRAMvAlpQ[/ame]

11. Iran man, they'll get those nukes and were all dead :(

Of course that's how they paint Ron Paul now.

12. Haha yeah I love it when people are scared of a country having nuclear capability when America has like 5000 warheads.

13. Haha right on dude. Did you guys here about the scientist that died? Immediately, Hillary Clinton (biggest cunt on the earth) announces that we had no part in it. I almost guarantee it is either the US or Israel killing those scientists. What do you all think?

14. I think israel already took the blame didn't they