Pennsylvania Medicinal Legalization?

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by wizzleman123, Nov 8, 2012.

1. Pennsylvania was one of the seven states that were to vote for medical cannabis, but I can only find information on Massachussets. Does anyone know what happened like if the vote passed or not?

2. From the source I found through google, PA is still pending along with New York, Illinois and Ohio.

My mind would be pretty blown if it went through here though, PA can be such a stick in the mud.

3. #3 nguyentrung, Dec 8, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 9, 2012
  4. It did not go anywhere it is just sitting in a stack through the bills they need to revisit.

That was roughly 18 months ago; PA is an old state it will convert if the states around it convert.

5. Don't bank on that. Pennsylvania is as out dated as it's roads and crooked politics.

6. I think it'll come around within 5 years.

7. Pa is always the last one on the bus.

8. We are 1 of 2 commonwealth's....ill be very surprised if it ever happens here

9. Yea not gonna happen anytime soon cuz...hoping for it tho

10. Well the major cities like Philly and Pittsburgh should at least decriminalize like Chicago and NYC are trying to do.

11. Well unfortunately you cannot decriminalize it for just two cities since it still violates federal law, its either the whole state or none of the state

12. What are you trying to say here?

Everywhere in the U.S. marijuana is a violation of federal law, even if it's decriminalized or legal based on state laws.

Also, Chicago is decriminalized, but it's a misdemeanor in Illinois for possession of 2.5 g's or less, so it doesn't have to be the whole state. :confused_2:

13. What I'm saying is that because the voting for the bills is state wide, it would take effect for the whole state. Once the bill is passed, the states have the right to determine "where and when" it is legal based on the 10th amendment, although still a violation of federal law.

Before it became a misdemeanor vs felony in Chicago, it was a felony everywhere in Illinois. Once the bill passed, they were able to regulate it in such a manor that it be considered a misdemeanor in Chicago

14. #14 HighOnTheTotem, Dec 11, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 11, 2012
    It should be mentioned that in Philadelphia cannabis is already decriminalized for small amounts posessed.

For PA medical cannabis news, info etc. see Pennsylvanians For Medical Marijuana

And as another poster mentioned the PA House and Senate bills are currently just sitting in a stack somewhere. They will not be voted on unless other states around PA vote for medical/legal status. PA is not very well known for setting precedents.

15. People at work were talking about this yesterday. I got into a argument with a Romney supporter because he said his nephew smokes pot all day an is a lazy blame. I asked him why he blames the pot an not his lazy bum nephew an he said clearly its the pots fault. I then wanted to say well I smoke pot an I cover every shift you drop while working 50+ hour weeks. But that would have blown my cover!

16. Pot makes you lazy. Pot makes you dumb. Pot makes you sleep the day away. I cringe with anger whenever I hear anything close to the above.

Tell them, maybe if you paid some attention to your son and took him out to do fun things he wouldn't have the objective to stay home and get high everyday all day. Or be a parent, and force him to work on finding a job or at least something to do during the day. Shitty parents blaming pot because they're too lazy to do anything about it, not surprising

17. No. It never was a felony. You're missing the point. It's not even a misdemeanor in Chicago

18. Oh, the common wealth...I see PA definitely being one of the latter states to legalize.

19. I'm praying for this one, I just have no clue what's going to happen though