Pennsylvania Marijuana Legalization Bill

Discussion in 'Marijuana Legalization' started by MacGyverGirl, Jun 29, 2013.

1. This is pretty interesting and surprising. My home state is Pennsylvania, and with the way Pennsylvania law is and how it's run, I always figured Pennsylvania would be one of the last states. It may not go anywhere, but the fact that it's come up like this is still pretty surprising.

http://www.webpronews.com/marijuana-legalization-in-pennsylvania-gets-allies-2013-06

Thoughts? I don't think it'll pass if one is written up, but still you never know.

2. I live in PA and my guess is it won't pass.

3. Sounds like an excellent opportunity for Penn residents to become active and push theier politicians towards being the 3rd state in the union to legalize. Go For It Penn !!!!

4. Even if it doesn't pass, the fact it is being voted on is big.

And I guarentee you if every stoner in penn voted, it would pass without a doubt. You just need to get them to go out and vote, which is the hard part.

5. It won't pass until corbett is out of office.

6. #6 Jerzeslugga, Jul 1, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 1, 2013
    My guess is PA is another where the politicians.. don't want to listen to their people and will be against this under the guise of not wanting to "go against the federal government".

But yet most are fighting the feds and Gun control to the death.

7. #7 Knownews, Jul 1, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 1, 2013
    Until Corbett, and Mcilhinney are gone. The Latter is the head of the commssions that sb528, sb770, and HB 1181 were sent, and isn't a fan of medicinal, or recreational marijuana use; they still haven't set a hearing date for any of the bills, at least that I know of. Though I was visiting Pittsburgh the other month, I go there somewhat frequently, and the people at a shop called glass gone wild said, "Most of the NORML people from around here say it'll be legal in nine months.

I don't think it will, but hope it will!