Pen went off **

Discussion in 'E-Liquids & E-Juice, E-Cigarettes' started by FR220, Jun 9, 2019.

1. It was in my pocket on a car ride. All of a sudden the entire car smelled a very strong odor. We looked and it was my pen going off. How could this have happened, what exactly was burning or what odor was being released for it to be SO strong? I’m very new to smoking so trying to understand how it went off on my pocket and if the smell released was bad. Was it juice leaking out? Or was it wick burning something to give off a bad smell??? Trying to make sure no harmful chemicals were being released near my pregnant GF.

2. I don't think you need to worry about harmful chemicals, if it came from your battery you would know it.
    You should give more info about this but if it uses a wick I would say it was most likely that. If you ever took a dry hit you would understand it is nasty, you just burned the wick.

I have a general rule that when my vapes go into my pocket I make sure that it is turned off, it is always to be safe. So if you are a person like me who is constantly putting their vapes in their pocket I would get a pen that can shut off easily.

• Like Like x 1
  3. I agree!! I guess my only other question is if the wick could give off harmful chemicals from burning. Again we only smelt it for about 20seconds so I can’t imagine it was burning for longer than that.

4. Nah your fine. You would be surprised on how many toxins you inhale just starting up the car and whatnot. It's good to be safe but try not to worry so much :)

• Like Like x 1
  5. Most good devices have a safty cut off after 8 to 10 seconds. I never carry a device in a pocket when seated though.

• Like Like x 1