Pen went off in pocket bad odor

Discussion in 'Other Smoking Accessories' started by FR220, Jun 9, 2019.

1. It was in my pocket on a car ride. All of a sudden the entire car smelled a very strong odor. We looked and it was my pen going off. How could this have happened, what exactly was burning or what odor was being released for it to be SO strong? I’m very new to smoking so trying to understand how it went off on my pocket and if the smell released was bad. Was it juice leaking out? Or was it wick burning something to give off a bad smell???

2. Don't know what it smelled like.
    Probably the battery shorted out???

3. What does that mean then? It was battery burnt?

4. You probably just fried the cotton or wicking material in your coil. It’s gonna taste like shit so it’s pretty much toast but your battery should be fine most have an auto shutoff that will only allow it to burn for so long before it kills the power

5. E
    Yeah that’s what my thoughts were too! Do you think the material that got fried is dangerous to breathe in at all? We only smelled it for maybe 30 seconds

6. You probably had it in your pocket and something was pressing against the button so just a constant heating up.

7. I’m not sure if it’d be dangerous or not and wouldn’t want to advise you improperly on that not knowing what your wick is made of. To be on the safe side get a new cart, smoke it, drain the old one and put it in the not burnt empty.

8. Thank you! One last question.. do you know how long it could have been held down for? Not like an hour or anything right? Probably 15 seconds? Isn’t there a safety of it shutting off?

9. Thank you! One last question.. do you know how long it could have been held down for? Not like an hour or anything right? Probably 15 seconds? Isn’t there a safety of it shutting off?

10. No fucking idea. Wasn't in my pocket.

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. Take your cart off and press your fire button. Your indicator light will shut off or start blinking after a period of time and there’s your answer.

12. Press it 5 times