Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Peer Pressure

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by think, Oct 16, 2008.

1. The Story: Me and my friend are out walking around our towns' annual labor day festival. We were just scoping a chill spot to light up since the cops are usually in full force during the festival. So while we're looking for a place, we see our younger friend just sitting with some of the kids around his age and we invite him to come smoke with us and he turns out to be down for it.

Couple of minutes go by and we find our spot. We're sitting down, just taking in the space and air and shooting the shit. This kid has just been chill with us talking about his recent bud escapades, etc.. Now comes the time to smoke, I pack the piece and hand it to him first just to be generous since this was our first time toking together.

This kid was sitting there with my piece for the longest. He didn't know how to light the lighter and once he finally got that down he couldn't light it and hit it at the same time. And he's just coming up with all these excuses as to why he can't hit it and my piece of choice is a wooden pipe. It's not very complicated. So naturally, I was like son just pass it. He refused, so I responded "just fucking hit it then!" (My frustration got the better of me, but whatever). He gets one hit off the bud and he was lifted and just started to annoy me and my friend to no end.

So after talking to my other friend who was there about this, we thought that was probably the first time he's ever smoked. I think he was doing the whole 'just act like you've smoked before' routine. I felt kind of bad, but I mean he got himself way deep in the hole when he could have just said no thanks.

Long story, but I thought it would be an interesting topic.

Have any of you ever succumbed to peer pressure before, or pressured someone you knew into smoking or anything else?

2. nope never seen or heard of stuff like that but that kid is stupid

3. if i didn't have peer pressure

i wouldn't be smoking

4. hahah oh shit, your story reminds me of HS.

Ok, there were 4 of us. T, M, O, and I. It was after school, and we had some bud. We went under this over path taht went over the canal. All of us were down, (supposely) It was O's first time. So, I thought cool. T rolled it up, and lit it first, then M, then me, and finally O. (We all went before him to show him how take a hit.)
    He gets it, and puff, and puffed it out, immediately, but when he did, he made this "puh" sound. Then we noticed that he didn't take a hit. So we were concern and told him how to do it again. We said try again. Then he hit it. We told him to let it out through his nose. and he couldn't, he held it in his mouth. We gave him another try, and he did the same thing.

So I asked him, "O, do you wanna smoke? We're aren't going to make you do somehting you don't wanna do." Then he said "no." And we just finished it.

There are a bunch of funny shit with O. He's kinda timid though, cool guy still.

5. dont feel bad its his fault for fronting like he was exp. at toking

as to wether or not ive experienced it yes, my older sister and her husband got me smoking
    and then just a week or two ago i smoked my little sister out for her first time(she is offered weed daily by my older sister but she said it would be weird with her) so i took her on a walk with a pipe and a joint told her she didnt have to but not to be afraid and since she wanted to and had said so for so long she should try it and i passed her the joint she hit it coughed and passed on the rest of the joint so i smoked about 2/3 of it and loaded the rest in the pipe when we got to my creek spot and she took 4 or 5 good rips she handled it well but still got more fucked up than me my first time :)

6. I always try to get my homeboys to smoke with me but most of them won't. It really is fucking annoying. I mean, I don't give a shit one way or another if you smoke or not but some of these people are really, really, really sad people. Always pissed off, bitching about their lives, stressed out all the time yada yada yada. I wouldn't care if I wasn't the one that has to hear them bitching but I am. I tell them if they smoke a little weed they would relax and calm the fuck down but they'd rather go get drunk and pop pills and act stupid and then whenever they do act stupid, they bitch about how their lives suck and it's like a never ending cycle of dumb fucks who can't seem to figure out why they are always in shitty moods when it is very clear why they are. End rant

So yes, I do try to pressure my people into smoking because I honestly feel like they need it or they need to leave me the fuck alone with the constant whining (and yes I've told them all this on multiple occasions but it never seems to sink through which is why I keep my contact with them to a minimum)

7. aw i kind of feel bad for him. the first time i smoked was with my boyfriend and college friend in a public park. i was 20 and i just straight up said "this is my first time. i don't know how to do this." and the friend had a glass pipe with a carb and i wasn't sure how that worked. it was awkward but i didn't feel dumb about it because everyone knew that i hadn't done it before. the friend was cool.

if you run into this in the future and the guy is trying to play it off just say "is this your first time?" but reassure him that it's ok if it is. everyone has to start somewhere! maybe he was having second thoughts about smoking or was scared of getting caught or being paranoid.

8. well I feel bad for being harsh on him, but he could have just told me since he knows we're chill with each other. Maybe it was just his first time smoking out of a bowl though. I remember the first time I smoked out of a bong, I was super confused, but I just asked how to go about doing it.

9. yeah dude it was his first time... i was like that too.....

10. I have a friend A who did that, I went down to a chill smoke spot around here and the day before i asked if he wanted to come with because he always talked about smoking. I rolled up the blunt and lit it and passed it to him and he took 1 hit and was absolutely fried. He then told me that my shit was laced. :confused:

11. my first bong was an acrylic 6 footer. I didn't know how to do it even though i'd smoked before so my friend who had to light it goes, just suck, it'll milk up, then stop take a breath then try to clear it. To this day its the biggest hit ive ever taken. I ended up dry heaving over a toilet for 20 minutes. Good times. On topic though i was never really peer pressured, atleast not conciously. I bought bud my first time cuz i wanted to try it and didn't get high. And the next few times were me just tryin to get lit so iwas always just kinda down.

12. #12 PatrickTheToker, Oct 17, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 17, 2008
    prolly his first time, wheather that be out of a bowl or at all. I vote you get him alone and be straight up with him and ask.

My first time smoking out of a bowl was in the woods with 2 of my friends and like 3 of their friends who I hadn't met more than once before. I was nervous beyond belief. We were walking back to this clearing in the woods and everyone was infront of me other than my 1 friend who was next to me. I was like 'i've never hit a bowl before' only thing he said was 'its straight' which confused the hell outta me. He then decided not to tell anyone else and he started the bowl I watched him closely and I got it next, I took it and was just like looking at it for a second then I lit it and hit it (hey that ryhmed haah) and passed it to the chill guy I had only met once before, who had been watching me. He goes 'damn that was a big hit, at first I thought maybe you hadn't ever smoked a bowl before cuz you were just staring at it.' at which point I start laughing and say 'well I hadn't, till just now' then we all had a laugh.

EDIT: No I haven't ever peer presured my friends into doing anything, and they haven't ever me. They have suggested and asked but when I said no they were like aight, thats cool.

Happy Toking.:smoke:

13. I've never been pressured to do any drugs, contrary to what they always told me in DARE :p

My first time was at my friend's house, just me and him, and he pulled out his weed and said, "Have you tried smoking yet?", and I said I hadn't, and he said "It's about time, then." Then he loaded his pipe and taught me how to take a hit. I did pretty badly that first session, haha.

I guess it kind of sounds like he pressured me into it, but I'd been talking about wanting to try it for months, so I wasn't really.

14. i understand. but he still probably didn't want to look foolish in front of you. even though you are cool he still wants your acceptance, you know what i mean? plus i think it's harder for guys to admit stuff like that. because they don't want to look like a "pussy" or whatever.

15. lmao my cuz was tellin me how him and his friend smoke all th time and i didnt beleive it so im like what u smoke out of? and he said note book paper and i bust out laughing i thought he was serious after that lol. so that summer he comes down to my house and i break out my bud and bowl and i take a hit and pass it to him and i was like i thought u smoked all the time? cause his eyes got huge i mean after that i knew itwas his first time especially since a dime bag had me buzzed and he was sky high but ya he couldnt hit it so i took my skate tool covered th side hole put a screen in the bolt lossener piece had him tilt his head back all so he could get a hit lmao he musta burned like a bowl pack and ahalf trying to get a hit well that my peer pressure story lol