peer pressure

Discussion in 'General' started by corneelyus, Nov 17, 2007.

1. Any truth to the assertion that pot smokers started due to peer pressure?

2. i don't know, let me quickly ask all 2 billion of us.

3. im sure theres truth to it...but only weak people do things they really dont want to do so whos fault is it really?

id say most people decide to smoke bc some of their friends do and they are curious about it and actually want to try it, not to fit i but to find out more...

4. Personally, I wanted to try weed and took it upon myself to ask people how to smoke/where to buy. Can't say it was that way for everyone, but I'm sure a good deal of people have had a similar situation.

5. I just asked my brother and his friend one night if I could smoke with them. I haven't looked back since.

6. me and like 3 friends all decided together that we wanted to try it back in the beginning and it was a good decision..i think 'officials' tend to confuse peer pressure and sheer curiosity

7. I had always been interested in how things work, what their effects are on nature, people, economy, etc. So, I decided to try weed one day, and realized that it's one of the best things ever; and I haven't looked back since, and I don't regret it. You can't improve on marijuana. Speaking of which. I'm going to spark a bowl now.

8. All for the experience. Same thing with other drugs like crack and coke and pills. Luckily I never got addicted to them.

9. Peer pressure?

No.

I was offered a left over nick from a friend, once day... I chose to anty up the five bucks, take the bag home and smoke it.

No other party had any influence on my decision.

I've always believed peer pressure is a lame excuse.

Form your own opinions. Make your own choices.

10. I never got any peer pressure until after I started smoking. It was more of "Why wouldn't you smoke this blunt?" I didn't have any reason not to so I cheifed on those blunts.

11. I had known a lot of my friends smoked before I ever did, I was simply ready to try it when I smoked for my first time. It wasn't about pressure, it was more about curiosity.

12. no, it's just part of the whole reefer madness bs :mad:

I was the only person I knew who wanted to try marijuana and it was real hard to find any. So I can easily say for myself there was absolutely no peer pressure.

I'm real glad I looked so hard for some though, it is the most awesome plant on the planet!! :hello:

:bongin:

13. I was 15 and had wanted to try it for a while just to see what it was like. I finally got the chance when some friends asked if I wanted to smoke. So I wouldn't call it peer pressure... more like peer opportunity.