peeling batteries for MFLB

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by smoke_a_bowl, Jun 16, 2010.

1. I love how only the people who actually own a MFLB know what they are talking about.

2. It also makes me wonder why people who don't have one insist on trying to answer the question. All they do is make themselves look foolish.

3. a lot of people have posted on this but theres only like 4 answer for his qustion lol.
    wd-40 works the best for it

4. the mflb runs their batterys without labels.

5. I think the instructions also say to peel the batteries:

"Other AA batteries may be used with the Box as long as they are compatible with the NiMh standards (others battery types will perform poorly) AND they are sufficient strength (2000mAh or more). Note: Do not use Radio Shack batteries or chargers with your Launch Box. To be used with the Box, batteries will need to have their labels completely peeled off to expose the metal."

6. if the person who was asking got his question answered he probably isn't even looking at all the lame bickering going on for two pages now. the question was answered by the first person. End of thread. why do we make things so complicated.

7. I used goo gone for mine, it takes awhile but if you're persistent:smoking: it should all come off. Also some brands of batteries peel off without any residue. I recommend going to fuckcombustion.com for any quesitons. Great vaporizer community.:smoking:

8. I have Energizer rechargeable batteries 2500mah and the plastic like covering comes right off without any glue. Just an FYI for anyone wanting to buy some but I ordered my MFLB last night so still not sure if it would work till i got it.

9. yo i think i have the same exact ones lying around my house. Silver and green label. I tried one out with my box, it didnt really work :confused:, i think the size isnt right, because it barely made the light go on.

10. On a related yet different note, since the batteries are naked does anyone have a method of differentiating the batteries from one another? I've got 7 of them so if I take more than 2 or 3 with me it becomes a guessing game.

11. mark the bottom with lil piece of tape? or magic marker using diff colors. shit i dunno.

12. was it over 2000mah i think i read that somewhere on the site, or maybe it wasnt charged? idk lol havent gotten mine yet so cant test it out.

13. #33 Glork, Aug 27, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 27, 2010

Tape or a small amount of Testors style model paint

14. [​IMG]

Original MFLB battery on the right in the box, battery I've modified on the left (just cut a strip of the outer wrapping off around the battery, if it's got sticky shit under it apply 90% Isopropyl alcohol or other solvent and rub).

Attached Files:

15. nope, it was charged and its over 2000mah. lemme know how it goes with you.

have you tried out that battery? im pretty sure you need to remove more of the wrapper, if not all of it.....

16. Yup, that battery works fine, I've got a bunch more just like that and have been using them extensively :D

The only part that needs to be bare metal to contact is right where the copper rod hits it.

17. ooooo That's why the battery needs to be stripped. It has nothing to do with the positive or negative end of the battery?
    Or maybe it only has to do with the positive end of the battery and the copper touching the metal battery shell.

Thanks for this.
    My box is coming in the mail and i'll try this out!

18. The MFLB is designed this way intentionally. because of the way you insert and push the battery to activate the battery needs to be stripped to allow the unit to make a complete circuit.

Please understand something before you decide to comment.

19. what about the circle bit that goes around the positive button? can that be removed? they seem to come off quite easily wasn't sure if it was important or not.

20. I have this exact same question. That top paper part keeps coming off. Is that bad?