peat moss?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by smokelikeSNOOP, Apr 27, 2010.

1. Hey, can i use peat moss for aeration, is that enough or must i spend more cash on vermiculate or perlite. im tight cash.
    thanks

2. peat moss is great for aeration! but i wouldnt have my mix only containing peat moss. maybe some peat, perlite, and compost. remember, how much you put into your grow will reward you in the end:)

3. I would recommend a mix of peat moss, vermiculite or perilite, and some peat hummus as well.

4. I use equal parts of peat moss (water retention), perlite (aeration) decomposed cow manure and potting soil (nutrients). The pH of peat moss by itself is very acidic (low) and you'll need to use something to bring it up.

5. thanks! im planning around 35 percent peat moss,20 percent lomb/topsoil, organic miracle grow, with bone meal and blood meal, lime, and compost. But i just dont have the money for perlite or verimuclate. is it guaranteed without it, my yield be signigantly reduced?

6. Generally speaking, yes. During summer heat without adequate aeration, your soil will become compacted, limiting nutrient processing by microbes servicing the plant rhizome. I buy perlite at ~$18 by the 4 cubic feet bag. If you can afford, I even dislike writing the words, Miracle Grow, make yourself afford perlite.

7. Alright ill collect some quarters or something, and yea i know theres some miracle grow haters; this is first time for me so im taking it as a learning experiment. Thanks for the info.

8. No hate, I don't even worship Fox Farms marketing efforts. I feel there are far better options from a quality and cost viewpoint. To each his/her own.