Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Peanut Butter Rice Crispy treats with wax(bho)?

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by iBlaze_All_Dayy, Mar 28, 2012.

1. Hey Blades!
    Picked up a quarter of some awesome waxy oil today! I got to thinking, it takes about an ounce to make 3 grams of bomb oil. so 1.5-2grams of oil should have the THC content similar to that of a quarter-half ounce of premier buds. I really wanna try some edibles with this oil (Nobody hate I got an oil rig and i use it frequently :smoke: dabbin all day son!) If I use 1 stick of butter and 1.5-2 grams of oil for a batch of rice crispy treats what could I expect the potency to be? is this a sufficient amount of oil? I know its better to cook with trim or buds but I got the oil sitting around and I've made up my mind I just wanna know what to expect and the best way to go about it. Any help is greatly appreciated! Thanks blades!

2. Certainly enough bho for a stick of butter. Unless you make very lowfat edibles.

how many do you want to end up with?

3. Oh no sir, will definitely be very high fat :smoke:
    I'm not sure though, maybe 10 doses? That sound reasonable?

4. [quote name='"iBlaze_All_Dayy"']Oh no sir, will definitely be very high fat :smoke:
    I'm not sure though, maybe 10 doses? That sound reasonable?[/quote]

10 - 12 should get ya just right

5. Keep in mind that edible cannabis has the potential to be MUCH more powerful, than smoking or vaping the same material.. but only with the right processing.

Consider how many sessions you'd get out of a half oz or more of the same material, in flower form. That's how many stronger edible doses you have. :)

Be sure you use at least clarified butter, that has had its water content and milk solids removed. It's easy to do with any store-bought butter. But ideally you should be using coconut oil, for its high saturated fat and MCT count, it is the ideal oil source for, not only just breaking down cannabis glandular material, but for facilitating absorption.

The stickies are your friends (the CannaPharm Table of Contents, is in my blog as well, for easy access :) ).