Peak Oil

Discussion in 'Seasoned Tokers' started by Giffenrock, Feb 12, 2004.

1. Anyone else heard of this shit? Kinda sad that we are going to be the ones to see the end of civilization as we currently know it. Pretty fucking scary.
    http://www.lifeaftertheoilcrash.net/

2. That's ok. i'll just go into the woods and live off the land!! man, I must be pretty high, had to delete a long ass story because I don't even know what I was talking about.
    Seriously though, I doubt we will be using petroleum oil in 50 years (maybe les). Some researchers are going to find a substitute. LIKE HEMP ;) or some synthetic formula. thats my opinion at least

3. I have been warned about this from my grand dad and my dad.. We are sucking so much oil out of the ground at such a high rate of speed that it can't last much longer...

Like my granddad told me, there isn't any more oil being made, so some time the bottom of the barrell will arrive..

It's frightenning to realise that our future will have to go back to the old days of hard labor to survive..

The next generations don't have a clue as to what hard labor is... Much less the labor to survive...

4. Like the site author said, its not a lack of oil but a lack of CHEAP oil that is going to get us. What scared me the most to read was when the faq asked the question "What happens when newly developed China wants some of whatever cheap oil is left? World War 3.". Scary ass shit. But like said, its not going to be the end of the world, just our civilization. Maybe I just worry to much. eh...

5. wow. the world is fucked.

6. Man that's insane. I agree with KB_124. I don't think we will need oil by the time we run out. There will be something even better by then.

7. Allow me to play the devils advocate. It might not even matter how soon we discover a good alternative power source. According to those who have been studying this stuff for a while we might have hit peak oil in the year 2000 as the cost of oil has gone up since and profits have gone down. So we could be screwed already. It will be interesting to see. I dont know about anyone else but Im sure as hell ready to fight for my survival. SURVIVOR: WORLD.

8. HAHAHAHAHA. Gonna vote fer Bush, eh?

This is some serious shit. I didn't read the article, I didn't have to; my Envi professor made it very clear that in 12 years the prices of fossil fuels are going to skyrocket. We are fucked.

Grasscity Deals Near You