peace

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by sistermol, Dec 31, 2009.

1. why does everyone think you are a wannabe thug when you use peace as a farewell?
    for example the other day i was with a group of friends at the store because i ran out of papers

well we were paying and after we were done as i was walking out of the door and i said "peace" and the clerk said something like "are you trying to be a gangster?"

2. There stupid

3. That's what the kids these days say. I hate "peace" as a farewell, it means nothing since it has been thoroughly diluted by teens and pop-culture to the point that I can't go through my day without someone saying "peace" or "peace out" to me.

4. People are just really stupid sometimes. =]

5. I used to say peace alot, but I dont see how that would be, well trying to be gangsta... I never say ok good bye, I say holla, deuce, later, etc... its just how I say it, & that bitch needs to learn her vocab because peace can be used interjection-ally to be a greeting or fare well

6. I'm half hippie, so when I say peace, I actually mean it. :D

7. I say peace when I'm saying bye to anyone, it's natural for me to.

8. idk, OP, people just don't get it

though i did start saying it when i thought i was a gangster

guess it stuck around

9. haha gangsters shoot people, peace takes the power of shooting away from them

10. i use peace, as a way to wish my friends peace and no bad things to them in the future if ya catch me. and why is this in pandora's box

11. yea thats how i use it to. just like have a good one, be safe all that stuff...dont see why it's a big deal lol

12. people look at me funny when i say "Late" as a farewell. i don't really know how i got in the habit of saying it, but it stuck with me.

13. shoulda just pulled ur pants down ridiculously low, went to the flea market for sum fake gold chains and a grill then went back to the store and totally fuck with the dude.
    "yeah yeah yeah bruh lemme get two black and milds a philly blunt and twelve packs of newports there G"
    then by the time the guy turned around with all the shit you could just leave the store. bout a week of this and dude wont resort to any smartassness again:laughing:

14. yea same, i do use peace a lot. its not "gangster" i say it cause i want peace for those ppl. like peace and good vibes. all my friends call me a hippie now, i spose all the drumming is a big part of that though

15. *They're. Wonder who the stupid one is?

And OP, do you do the peace sign sideways? If so, that might be interpreted as acting gangster. A normal peace sign doesn't seem gangster at all, it kinda is cheesy and gay looking

16. Watching the movie How High, clarified this for me

I use peace as a goodbye the majority of the time

17. I use peace as a good bye, basically to say "If you got a problem, i don't give a fuck, it's all good"

18. no but thanks for calling me cheesy and gay:(

19. Seems like stoners say "peace" alot lol