Peace to everyone!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by VirtualEntropy, May 27, 2016.

1. New guy here. I mean not new-new. New to this forum. I move around a lot, but in Charlotte for the time being. Big time art guy (ok graffiti is not art. but it's related) and car guy as well. Glad to be here and hope to learn some things.

2. Sup welcome to the city, it's kind of dead right now. Good weather for outdoor in Charlotte!

• Like Like x 1
  3. Thanks! The weather is great indeed. Unfortunately as far as that other bit goes, I never learned a green thumb. I spend all my outdoor time painting or hiking. Hopefully will have a bit of that this long weekend :)

4. Welcome to gc :wave:

• Like Like x 1
  5. Get out while you still CAN! This place is a hellish nightmare designed to drive you stark raving MAD!!

• Like Like x 3
  6. by get out, and by this place.. you are referring to Charlotte, or this forum?

• Like Like x 1
  7. You'll find that people love to mess with people here.. Especially new people. Best to stay light hearted and keep your sense of humor close by.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Oh there is nothing that could take my sense of humor away. If there woulda been something well that would have already passed and gone :D

I mean.. how serious should you really get in a place called "Grass City" ha! I came here to be quite the opposite ;)

• Like Like x 1
  9. Pure jest, man. Avoid the few hate mongers and you'll have a ball here!

:passing-joint:

• Like Like x 1
  10. I really try to avoid em man. I do. But to be honest this place (charlotte) is damn near choc-full of that idiocy. One reason I will not be sad to continue on. Cheers! :passing-joint:

11. me?

12. why diss yer own medium?

13. "Charlotte"? I dunno nuthin 'bout no god damned Charlotte....I was talking about HERE - GrassCity.
    ;)

Wait, wait, I do know of a couple Charlottes...what about the character actress Charlotte Rae and the excellent story Charlotte's Web?

• Like Like x 1
  14. dude. its not a diss. Its not like being art is something to aspire to. graffiti in itself is illegal. it may look a lot like art. and it may well be art in the context of being visual expression when it is carried out in a legal method. but if we are gonna say its "Graffiti" that necessitates it being illegal. Ok sorry, it gets a bit philosophical here and its an ongoing discussion amongst graffiti writers (of which I am one).. I personally don't define graffiti as art because there are elements of the action which exist outside the confines of art.

Art is something that happens without the immediate threat of impending authority. That changes the character of the action in itself. I mean yes granted there are corner cases under fascist regime where certain art is punishable, but those are corner cases and largely thats not the case. The illegality of the act actual informs a lot of what takes place when a person or persons are engaged in graffiti. damn. I ranted. I didnt want to rant. I wasnt angry. I'm not angry. Its just. There is a lot to it. Sorry. Sorry yall.

15. Somebody get the monkey out of the cage and I'll go get the peanut butter

I truly dread these hazings

• Like Like x 2
  16. nah man. you fuckers cant haze me. its the internet

• Like Like x 1
  17. Vee have vays of making you talk

• Like Like x 3
  18. Welcome man. Let's get something straight right now.

It's my way, or the highway. And NEVER...drink from the bong of the damned.

:enjoy:

dilligaf

• Like Like x 1