Peace of mind [emoji848][emoji260]

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Get A Life, Jul 24, 2017.

1. My girls are healthy and I'm feeling good but I'm about to go on vacation next month for a week.

I have a person that's going to water them but what has really been bothering me in the back of my head is electrical fire. Iv just heard to many horror stories lately about it. If you guys can give me a good mind cleansing that would be super sweets dudes
    And if I can't get anyone to water the lady's what should I do in that case.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. looks like the same power strip i have .. rated for like 1500 watts?

calculate how many watts you're using (add up wattage from lights, fan, carbon filter etc..)
    find out how many watts the strip is rated for
    ... then make sure you're not overloading the strip.

as long as that's all good i don't see any concern assuming all of the wires/devices are in good condition (no frayed wires/copper showing etc.. no exposure to water)

im an electrician and it looks fine to me

as an extra precaution, you can always make sure the outlet you are plugging your power strip into is GFCI protected

• Like Like x 1
  3. Thanks a lot man that actually helps me feel a lot better about leaving it every day too

• Like Like x 1
  4. No problem. Power strips are safe until you overload them.. and a lot of people overload them

5. Ya I deff checked how many amps and I'm way under so thank god

• Like Like x 1
  6. Hey man one question since your an electrician I have an extension cord in my wall outlet going to my power trip in the tent. Is that a bad thing to do should I get a power trip that will reach the wall outlet

7. no assuming the cord is in good shape.. just make sure the extension cord is rated for 15 amps (at least 14 guage wire)

i'd try to install an outlet directly where you plan on plugging in the strip eventually tho.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Ok cool thanks again